Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 8 and Flash ending

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have created several modules 3 years ago using Captivate 8 that are still in use at my company. I wanted to know how will those modules be affected by the ending of Flash. I published them in HTML5 with the Flash Player option set to version 10. I did not use any rollovers, just click boxes, text boxes, and auto zoom features. Will I have to recreate these modules or will they be ok without Flash in the world?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very confusing... why did you have to set the Flash Player version if you only published to HTML5. That is nor possible. 

If you published to SWF or combined to SWF-HTML5 you will need to republish to HTML5 only to ensure that learners without Flash Player plugin installed can view the courses.

BTW 3 years ago the version was CP2017... which means you didn't upgrade to 9 nor to CP2017. Lot has been improved since that time for HTML5 output.

It is not the items which are important, but the way you published.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I published to a SWF/HTML5 combo. I included an image of the publish window in my original post. And once the modules were created in 2017 using Captivate 8, the company migrated to another authoring tool. So there were no Captivate updates. Any suggestions on what can be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't embed the image but added an attachment. I didn't download it...

If you still have CP8 and it is still functional on your OS, open the project and publish to HTML5 only. If you don't have CP anymore, recreate it in your new tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks! I appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I prepared a 'poll' for a session about migration from SWF output to HTML5 a couple of months ago. But at the last minute I was asked to present about another topic (Deep dive into Captivate with Advanced and Shared Actions), so didn't continue to write more about it. May be interesting to have a look:

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/AnswerChoice/index.html

The corresponding blog, if you need explanation:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-cpquizinfoanswerchoice-for-survey-conversion-from-swf-to-html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources