Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate v9.0.0.223

Flash Player v20.0.0.228

IE v9.0.45

Chrome v47.0.2526.80

I created a 4 slide "test" CBT with a one question quiz and left the default settings for publishing to AICC. The result is a non-working CBT - that is, it fails to load the SWF. If I publish to SCORM 1.2, or no LMS, it will load and play.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open project.
  2. Click Publish to Computer
    • Flash Player 11
    • eLearning Output: AICC
    • Slide views and /or quiz with Quiz is Passed selected.
    • Interaction Data selected

The results are an HTM file that loads nothing. If I put it on a server, and open the index.html (to connect to the LMS), it will load the Loading... message and spin forever.

This occurs in IE9 or Chrome. It consistently fails for Internet Explorer 9 and inconsistently with Chrome.

Uncommenting ShowDebugWindow();

The Debug window fails to load any data at all from index.html

It's the SWF that fails. If I drag and drop the SWF into IE9, it doesn't load, so it's not the AICC adapter that fails; it's the SWF itself.

Conclusion

Since no one has replied to my post, I feel left out in the cold on this. And unfortunately for us, the project we have been working on was imported from v5.5 into v9, and there's no way to save it as an earlier version, and the v9 doesn't work, even though Adobe lists IE9 as compatible with v9.

I can confirm that v9 IS NOT compatible with IE9 if you publish to AICC. And due to the inconsistent failures in Chrome, I would say that Captivate using AICC also is NOT compatible with Chrome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue with V9 and IE11 and have received no response of any value.  I know this doesn't help you but I thought there may be strength in number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I as well am having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources