Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Demonstration "This project has expired"

Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created captivate files to embed into my powerpoint presentation, but now they show up as "This project has expired".  Is there any way to update the files with the product key without recreating all of the demonstrations?

TOPICS
Editing , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only have to republish the files again with a licensed version,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to Adobe Forums. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

This is a phenomenon which happens with trial versions of Captivate. If you have a project created in a trial then it is set to expire on the expiration date of that trial. However, if you have a licensed version of Captivate then you have to just open the ".CPTX" file created using the trial in the licensed version and then go to Edit > Preferences > Project > Start and End look for Project Expiry, uncheck that, save you project and publish it again.

See below:

Untitled.jpg

If you do not have a licensed version then you can get a Captivate subscription for a month.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answers!

In my PowerPoint I have the files saved as .swf and I cannot find the original captivate files.  Is there any way to import the .swf files into captivate and then modify the expiration date?

Thanks again!

-Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no.  SWF is the output format, not the editable source.

If you cannot locate the original source files you may have to just recreate them from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Yes as the SWF is the published output so you would not be able to edit it.

You may have to edit the source files and republished them.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hallo !

I also have this issue. It started with the conversion from SWF to HTML5 files due to the flash player removal. The Expiration date is not set and even if I set a date in the future to 2100-12-31 and I get the same issue for several old files. I may have used a trial version of Capitvate 8 to create them but we have updated them in between (as SWF) with a licensed version and I also saved as a new name with a licended version, still this issue appears. Any other ideas ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources