• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop with Advanced Action?

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to know if it is possible to add and Advanced Action to a Drag and Drop.  What I want to have happen is if they do not get the Drag and Drop correct the first time can a hint pop up the second time when they hit the submit button if incorrect?  If they do not get it right the third time and they click submit can a different hint pop up? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a scored D&D slide or unscored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean am I reporting this -Include in Quiz the answer is no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, in that case I could find perhaps an easy way to solve this. I need some time to double-check however. Idea is to keep track of the attempts with a user variable, re-enter the D&D slide for a next attempt, show the appropriate feedback message on Failure out of a hidden group of feedback messages. The issue is with the default setup that the so-called Failure action is really a Last attempt action, you cannot use it for your goal. How many attempts would you want? It is also important to know what has to happen after the allowed attempts, and On Success. Will you allow the user, after having completed this slide, to come back later on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I would like to happen is each time them click Submit and they are wrong a new hint pops up.  They would get a max of three hints.  On success they will be able to move on to the next slide.  A new hint each time (up to three hints changing each time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked out a solution, will not post it here but in a blog post and add the link. Probably that will be tomorrow (is already late in evening here).  You may find this weird, but have reasons for not posting full solutions directly in the forums, too much abuse.

The solution would have been easy if D&D also allowed multiple Failure captions like the quiz slides, but that is not the case. The solution is set up in such a way that you also can have more than 3 attempts if necessary, but it has to be a fixed amount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you , I can't wait to see what you came up with.-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Yes - this is possible. I created a D&D interaction that verifies if the target is correct, if not, then it displays an error message. Here is the general idea:

1. Create your D&D interaction
  2. Create a count variable to verify number of attempts.
  3. Create a variable for each correct item, set the value to 0. On correct, assign a command under the drop target > Format > Object actions > Assign var_name with 1.
  4. Create three separate custom messages (I recommend creating 3 Smart Shapes with the custom message and a close button [to hide the custom message] for each, then grouping them together). Make sure that these are not visible at run time!
  5. Create a new button (don't use the D&D default button)to Execute Advanced Action.
  6. The advanced action should look something like this:

Here is how the project looks:

I hope this help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of slides, I have a solution where all is done on the same D&D slide, which may be important for file size. Will post soon on my blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify, the D&D resides only on 1 slide. The objects to re-drag is also enabled. The numbers of the lower left of the images represent the var_tries_count. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some small issues with this solution:

1. The feedback groups of first and second attempt remain visible on the stage, they should be hidden
  2. Tip: replace the close button by a hyperlink on a big X character (see More is in a...hyperlink - Close button - Captivate blog ), this means that you'll have only one text container not a group, you'll be able to group the feedback messages in that case and add the command 'Hide Group' as first command in the 'Error' decisions.
  3. Just missing: how is Success setup, message, action to do? Do you use Auto Submit, since you don't use the default Submit button?
  4. Drag objects do not return to original location for next attempt.
  5. How will you cope with use returning to the slide: reset is necessary in that case, both for the visible feedback message(s) and the variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much to take the time to figure this out and then write it out and demo it on your blog. I really appreciate you and your time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources