• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firewall exception each time Captivate 8 is launched

Advisor ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I launch Captivate 8 I get a Windows Security Alert asking me to add an exception to my Windows Firewall for Captivate. The details of each exception point to a location inside my appdata\local\temp directory.

C:\users\mstephens\appdata\local\temp\cp3916420360387session\cptrustfolder3916420360387\adobecaptivatews

C:\users\mstephens\appdata\local\temp\cp8020420386985session\cptrustfolder8020420386985\adobecaptivatews

C:\users\mstephens\appdata\local\temp\cp11584515494399session\cptrustfolder11584515494399\adobecaptivatews

I have the main executable added as an exception already but I get the prompt for new temp folders on each launch.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

I was having this same issue with Cp8 in Windows 7. I contacted TCS support and they helped me solve it for me. I asked if they would be willing to reply here with a link to download the fix, but they said "We don’t know, when we will be providing the link to the file, however we will be updating about the same on our forum and hopefully can come up with the link to the file shortly."

However they don't have an issue with me posting it, so here it is.

1. In C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 8\SW

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After writing for some time with the Adobe support, we received a nice suggestion:

The service responsible for the Firewall exception window is working with Adobe Edge Inspect. If you switch the UserEdgeInspect   entry in your AdobeCaptivate.ini from "1" to "0" the exception window will stop showing up on start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the problem in Captivate 9 as well... Thank You!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should be the accepted answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked my cptx 9 version, too. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources