• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the phonetics in the TTS in Captivate 7?

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have successfully used vtml tags to add some pauses and slow down the TTS produced by Captivate.  I haven't been able to change the phonetics, however.. .Any tips on how to do this?  is there a phoneme alphabet that works better than another in Captivate?  I have tried "alphabet="ipa" and alphabet="x-CMU" and neither of them had any effect.

Thanks for any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use the Captivate dictionary for this purpose.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe Captivate Voices 7\VT\<Voice Artist>\M16\bin, and launch UserDicEng_<Voice Artist>.exe.

In the dictionary, click File Open and select userdict_eng from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe Captivate Voices 7\VT\<Voice Artist>\M16\data-common\userdict folder.

Click Add Word and select the Pronunciation Symbol radio button below the Target field. You will now see the pronunciation symbols which you can use.

Note: Due to a bug in NeoSpeech 64bit installer files, you must install the 32-bit NeoSpeech voices even if you are on a 64-bit system.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources