• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I only allow playbar button to move slide ahead?

Advocate ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

How do I prevent an Adobe Captivate 2019 slide from moving to the next slide if I am not using a button with a stop action in it, so that only the playbar will move ahead? It's been a while and I can't seem to recall the steps needed to make this happen.

On the other hand, would it be wise to only use the play bar as a navigation tool for a Captivate presentation? I suppose I can put a forward and back button the slide. But I would like to free up that real estate if I can.

I'm creating an eLearning module for a company that is going to have me give a presentation during a job interview. Wish me luck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

There are a couple of ways to do this.  One would be to add a pause action to the On Slide Exit event.  But then you'd have to do that to each and every slide.

Another way is to add a smart shape button to the master slide but set it to be 0% opacity so that it becomes invisible on the actual slides.  It will pause the slide but not be seen by the user.  Make it too small to click by accident.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of ways to do this.  One would be to add a pause action to the On Slide Exit event.  But then you'd have to do that to each and every slide.

Another way is to add a smart shape button to the master slide but set it to be 0% opacity so that it becomes invisible on the actual slides.  It will pause the slide but not be seen by the user.  Make it too small to click by accident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of my Timeline tweaks in:

Easy Timeline Tweaks - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources