• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does Captivate download from the LMS?

Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a newbie Captivate user (on version 4.0), I have a question about how Captivate "streams" from our LMS.  Let's say I have 30 slides and 1 demonstration in a project.  After publishing, zipping and uploading to our LMS (moodle), does it push one big SWF file down to the user's screen, or does it push a single SWF file for each Captivate slide?  (I hope this makes sense).

Is this the same for version 5?

Thanks...

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It is a single swf, but that will be controlled by HTML, calling a JS-file. Unless you choose to have some files externally when publishing. Anyway there has never been a swf/slide. If I do not want any reporting to/from the LMS, I mostly choose to zip the whole bunch and upload as a package, instructing the LMS to unzip and start the HTML-file. If you do want reporting you will have to create a SCORM-object, which is always zipped.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

does it push one big SWF file down to the user's screen

Yes. The LMS unzips the file onto your server. When a user starts the learning object, they open an HTML file that contains javascript that keeps the LMS updated with user interactions, quiz results, and the like. This javascript uses standard object names defined in the SCORM standards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources