• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import CSV file with a multiple "Fill in the Blanks" question ??

Engaged ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

In Captivate I know you can create a question slide with multiple "Fill in the Blanks" (or drop-downs). I'm wondering if you can do the same when importing the same type of question in a CSV file?

(CP version 11.5.1.499)

Regards

Donal.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Yes, did that, no way. Thanks for the information. You are probably correct thar multiple blanks are not possible. You can still add them after importing. You have mostly to edt anyway. CSV is not supporting partial scoring nor penalt for MCQ. I still prefer GIFT.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the Excel template? Theoretically it is possible, but I have never been successful for FIB slides. Moreover I always replace them by a custom slide in case of multiple blank fields to be able to have partial scoring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liybiri,

Yes I tried the Excel template.

I put in 3 sentences with three blanks (used "|" (pipe) to indicate a blank as per template). In the slide the first "|" was changed to a blank but the others were left as a "|").

Also the template instructions say "For fill in the blank ....., all the Answer Options given will be considered correct" so I'm assuming it only supports 1 blank.

I think I'll have to go the custom slide route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood that you could enter an Answer for each blank.

But whatever I do,  I always get an empty CSV. Wondering if it is linked with my using a non-US keyboard where the pipe is at a totally different location. Not the first time that happens. That is the reason why I gave up, also because I have that alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lilybiri,

I use a Spanish keyboard and it works for me.

The FIB question only works for one blank - each answer you enter just relates to that blank.

Possible solution to your problem??? In the template when you've finished entering the question you need to click the "Add Question" button for the question to appear in the QuestionCSV tab of the template (which is then used when importing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, did that, no way. Thanks for the information. You are probably correct thar multiple blanks are not possible. You can still add them after importing. You have mostly to edt anyway. CSV is not supporting partial scoring nor penalt for MCQ. I still prefer GIFT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources