• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Individual audio feedback oin drop target

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a way to give individual audio feedback when objects are dragged to a-

source accepting many objects.  It is no problem if all objects dragged get the same audio feedback, but I am looking for a way to give individual audio feedback to the object dragged to the drop source. I have tried this for hours, but are stuck.I tried the “Play Audio” button and it works, except for the fact that on the start of the page all audios are played. I have Captivate 2019.

Thanks

Jan

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Object actions. You can use the Play Audio command for each drag action.<Object Actions are opened with the button labeled that way in the Format tab after having selected a drop target. Do not forget to disable 'Continue Playing the Project' to prevent releasing the playhead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. I have tried this, but the result is that whatever object is dragged into the drop target, the audio is the same. I want the audio to depend on the object that is dragged. Maybe I didn't understand what you meant, I am not rxperienced with Captivate, but as I understand the Object actions means everything that is dragged into the target. How can I get it to recognize which object is dragged and play audio according to what is dragged?

Thanks again

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With Object Actions on drag and drop interactions you need to select the Drop Target first and then configure a separate Object Action for each Drag Object that might get dropped on that Target.

If you are getting the same audio played regardless of which object gets dropped on the target then you do not appear to have set this up correctly.  You may have simply set the Success or Failure action for the entire interaction to play the audio, rather than triggering the play via Object Actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources