• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move a image one step further on the basis of yes/no question

Explorer ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a slide that involves a series of yes-no questions.  The user will answer that question by clicking Yes or No button. By clicking any of Yes or No button current question will hide and another question will appear.

There is a group of elements that shows steps and there is an image of a child. 

screenshot: 

Screenshot (33).png

if the user clicks Yes the child image will move one step forward. suppose the user answers it Yes it will be like this. 

Screenshot (35).png

And if the user answer No then the child's image won't move but will move if Yes is answered in any future question.

what I tried is adding an image above each of the steps and hiding them initially and when the user type Yes, tried to show the next one and hiding the previous image.  but if the user answers No in few questions for e.g if the user keeps answering No up to the fourth question and answers Yes in the fifth question I could not be able to show the image above the second step.

is there a better way to do this? I am expecting to do with only one image and like increase a variable each time user click Yes on the basis of that variable moving the image to right by like 10px and do nothing when the user clicks No.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Have several examples on my blog, but since most users do want a direct answer, not reading blogs, here a short possible workflow:

• Create a custo motion effect, which moves the image one step further.  I will not explain the full workflow to be able to apply the custom effect. 
    http://blog.lilybiri.com/how-to-use-custom-effect-in-actions
  • Create an advanced action for the Yes button which will apply that effect and goes to the next state for the question (at least I hope you use states for the qu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have several examples on my blog, but since most users do want a direct answer, not reading blogs, here a short possible workflow:

• Create a custo motion effect, which moves the image one step further.  I will not explain the full workflow to be able to apply the custom effect. 
    http://blog.lilybiri.com/how-to-use-custom-effect-in-actions
  • Create an advanced action for the Yes button which will apply that effect and goes to the next state for the question (at least I hope you use states for the questions).

Typical use case for multistate objects and custom effects, using the guides will be useful as well.

If you want to show an end result (how many steps have been 'set') it will be good to create an counter variable indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiry for your guides. I have done my required task well. really helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to ask one more thing about this slide. should I start a new thread or I should ask here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For other users it is better to start a new thread, not to mix the topics. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources