Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Operators keys of numeric keyboard, as shortcuts, don't work in Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

In Adobe Captivate 2019, I put a click-box with the shortcut: + (from the numeric keyboard) and when I display the file on a web browser, the + operator key doesn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dies that shortcut ever work in another application?  What with users without a numeric keyboard or a totally different keyboard?

It is not an answer to your question, but a personal reflection, would never even try to use that key as shortcut key for the mentioned reasons. Maybe because I am working with an AZERTY keyboard, lot more complicated (more characters) than the simple US keyboard and I know how many issues arise from defining shortcut keys without thinking about all situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simply stated, shortcut keys will not always be able to be used in eLearning. The reason being is that all web browsers use shortcut keys to perform a variety of functions. Not counting unique commands that can be run for one particular browser or another, there are over 45 keyboard shortcuts that work in all web browsers. In other words, none of these key combinations can be used in an eLearning course. My hope is that you can do something like the following.

When entering your username you can move to the next field by pressing the Tab key or simply clicking on the password field. For the purposes of this training, please use your mouse to click on the password field.

Hopefully, you have an alternate key or action that can be performed during the simulation. While it would be ideal to develop that muscle memory sometimes we can only educate what the options are and not simulate the actual performance.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources