• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page-Turning by Curling Corners

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my attempts to discover how to curl the top or bottom of a page to navigate through a tutorial, I've only been able to find solutions built in and for Adobe Illustrator.  Is there a fix that can be imported (easily) into Captivate? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Well here is my first shot at it http://captivate4.com/demonstrations/captivateCornerPeel/cornerPeel.htm

Works ok when the background is solid color but if the background is an image the animation is not very visible. I had to make the widget transparent in order for it to absorb the Captivate slide colors and background. I think that one way of solving it would be to make the graphics of the animation more dark and add a white base color in the "underlying" corner where it peels.

Not sure how man

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm guessing the only solution for that would be for someone to create a Flash Widget one would drop into Captivate.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone should definitely create a widget for that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing the only solution for that would be for someone to create a Flash Widget one would drop into Captivate.

I'm not sure that would work as intended though. I don’t see a way to add custom transitions to Captivate slides.

now that I've said that out loud, hopefully someone will come along and show us all how wrong I was 😄

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read this yesterday and started to think about how to create it. As I seen it the main problem will be that the "widget" that actually curls the corners would not be able to interact with the "stage" of the Captivate movie.Therefore you wouldn't be able to "lift up" the corners of the Captivate project like you see with the regular page curls.

Perhaps it would be possible to make the effect look like it actually lifts up the corners without really doing it, but I'm not sure what the result would look like.

Anyways - the post got me thinking so maybe - just maybe - I will be able to prove you wrong Steve

/Michael

Click here to visit the www.captivate4.com blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well here is my first shot at it http://captivate4.com/demonstrations/captivateCornerPeel/cornerPeel.htm

Works ok when the background is solid color but if the background is an image the animation is not very visible. I had to make the widget transparent in order for it to absorb the Captivate slide colors and background. I think that one way of solving it would be to make the graphics of the animation more dark and add a white base color in the "underlying" corner where it peels.

Not sure how many use full image backgrounds in Captivate though, so maybe it's not such a big issue.

Will take another look at this tonight.

/Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael

I was wondering if you might accomplish it as follows.

Have a static screen image of each slide. Have one serve as the presentation that would curl and the other as what would be seen after the curl completed and before the next slide fully displayed. Of course the image that curled would consist of a screen capture of the current slide and the image that appears momentarily before the next slide fully displays would consist of a screen capture of the next slide.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice Michael! Awesome job! Did you put the widget in the Exchange? I do use a full background image for all my courses...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice 😄 Issue a challenge, and up comes a response. This is very cool!

You took a completely different tack from what I was envisaging - I thought the original poster wanted a page transition.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply, but I had some issues with my internet access

Rick - that could be done, but it would require a lot of work to make the screenshots for every page. You would also need to create a unique flash file for each and every page. Perhaps there is a more clever way to do it in Flash, but I wouldn't know where to start or end on this one ;o)

Kristen & Michael - I will make the component available for download on my website (and the Exchange) in a couple of days. I just need to fiddle a bit more with it because there are some minor details I would like to fix first. I'll make a reply to this post with the link when it's up.

Christopher - I doubt that you would be able to achieve that effect in Captivate because you would need to "lift" up the root/main movie. I tried to do that, but didn't succeed. The next problem is to get it to show an image of the upcomming or previous slide once you lift up the corners. I tried using the print widget, which ships with CP4, since that creates thumbnails of the slides for printing, but I just couldn't get it to work.  I really hope you succeed though because that would be a very nice feature!

Steve - Yep ;o) Bring on another one

/Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 19, 2009 Apr 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok the source files for the Corner Peel widget is now available for download here: http://www.captivate4.com/2009/04/19/captivate-corner-peel-navigation/

Have fun ;o)

/Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great job Michael - Thanks!  Awesome blogsite, BTW.

Cheers,

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is brilliant! I was looking to do the same thing but couldn't figure it out. Are  you going to upload the widget? Maybe the .fla or make options so that the text and bouncing arrows don't display (I know, gift horse and all that...) Thanks for doing this!

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help folks!  I continued in my search and found something from Kenneth Mata posted here:  http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1044736  He takes Michael's idea further by applying a little Illustrator functionality to the page curling.  I'm now going to figure out how I can convert it to a widget or otherwise import it into Captivate.  Wish me luck!

Take care folks.

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources