• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenting a Captivate Course

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently gotten my company to purchase captivate for me to build interactive training courses for our field personnel. I admit that I'm new to captivate and not sure how it all ties together yet. Once my course is complete, how do I present it to my field personnel (either on a tablet or laptop) and track their results? I keep seeing talk about LMS, is presenter necessary to present these courses? Is there something else that's required? I had a conference call with salesmen for captivate who tried to sell me captivate prime for $10,000. I asked if it is necessary to have prime in order to use captivate. They told me no and then began funneling the call to an end when they realized I wanted to explore captivate before investing 10 grand.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Learning Managements System takes care of the 'accountancy': it manages the user accounts, keeps track .fo the coursesa viewed by the learners, can have discussion groups, can aoffer courses in a conditional way depending on courses already taken is an example. It will track scores in a gradebook etc. There are a myriad of LMS's around, even free ones (Moodle is on eo fhtem)  You could do without a LMS, use a webserver, and can even design reporting but that will need programming skills. Do ot talk immediately with salesmen, first list up your requirements, maybe talk with a consultant to get 'objective' advice.

Adobe Captivate is one of the best eLearning authoring tools, which means it can publish courses about anything you want, from software simutiations over compliance training to scenario training. Sky is the limit, but do not underestimate nor abbreviate the learning time.  Lot depends on your background how quick you'll get to grips with it. Please do not rely exclusively on YouTube videos, which can be useful assets but there is a lot of crap around as well (no curation).

Good luck with Captivate,  from one of its biggest fans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Captivate is an excellent content creation tool, primarily for eLearning. Watch out for the blogs that suggest you need to learn to write complicated advanced actions to build really great eLearning courses. There are some really simple things you can build that don't require you to be an eLearning engineer or a PhD.

Here's a tutorial where I show my viewers how I share my eLearning with others using an almost free solution with Amazon AWS (Amazon Web Services). I use this service to host my eLearning. You can share the links to your courses with other users. The first 12 months are free with Amazon AWS and you pay for bandwidth usage. Just sharing with a small number of users cost me less than $5 for all of last year.

Share Your eLearning Using Amazon AWS - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources