• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing slide on html5 (Captivate 2017)

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I currently have a problem with printing a slide in a html5 content in Adobe Captivate 2017. Whenever i try to print, the printing output seems to be off centered, i've tried to fit/un-fit the content in the print settings, but it persists. Any help would be apreciated, thx b4!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried changing the print orientation to Landscape in your printer settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod (and others), sorry to wake this thread up in July 2018 but this is the first time in a while I've had a client who wants a certificate printed. As far as I can make out, if you use the javascript window.print() then,  if you're publishing as 'scalable html', the page will only print correctly if you have the browser window at the same size as the project size.

And.... correct me if I'm wrong... the certificate widget currently included by Adobe has problems of its own and doesn't always print correctly.

Your Flash widget worked absolutely faultlessly every time and I used it extensively. It's surprising how many people still expect paper certificates and I just want an html5 equivalent and would be happy to pay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may be confusing me with another widget developer, Jim Leichliter.  He's the one that had the SWF print widget for Captivate.

At this point in time Infosemantics doesn't have any HTML5 widget that will do your printable certificate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rod. Faulty memory... getting too old for this...

I'm currently trying javascript window.resizeTo(<project size>) but no joy so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, for future googlers (and it's surprising how many people still expect a paper certificate) the current state-of-the-art seems to be to cram all the certificate information into the top-left of the screen, and then it still shows even when half the screen is missing from the print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, the way I do it nowadays (if the client's LMS is NOT capable of producing a certificate) is to build a simple HTML page and include some JS that will pick up data encoded in the URL to tell it what it needs to know about what course the student has just watched.

If the data is in a User Variable in your project, you can use the CpExtra HTML5 widget to persist the variable data into the URL that calls the HTML certificate. 

This way I get more control over the certificate formatting.  I find that an A4 portrait certificate is usually quite acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem. I'm just using SCORM Cloud without an LMS (very simple use case), and my solution was the following:

Publish HTML5 with SCORM stuff, and then edit the CPLibraryAll.css, appending the following to the end of the line:

Media@mercycity.church print{#cpMainContainer{transform:scale(0.6);}#main_container{position:static!important;left:0px!important;transform:scale(0.6)!important;}

This was enough for my needs, though one can get fancier, for example, defining CSS for is print is in Portrait or Landscape mode, etc. I'm not a CSS expert.

Caveats:

• I used Notepad++ with the JSTool plug in. I would use the tool to JSFormat to edit, and then use JS min to make it compatiable with the Captivate JS files
  • Obviously, every time I upload a new version of the course/quiz, I will need to remember to make that change

I really wish Captivate would provide a proper IDS for advanced JS and CSS coding. There are so many that could be pulled in. That would be so cool. I was inspired by this presentation.

https://static.carahsoft.com/concrete/files/1014/9314/4287/Steven_Warwick_Part_2_-_A_Deeper_Dive_int...

Why does everything have to be so hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that should be Media@mercycity.church, without the capitalization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Princess Bride quote alert....
"Life IS pain princess!  Anyone telling you different is selling something."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources