Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem facing for drag and drop for custome retake button

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a assessment including a  1 drag and drop question and 9 other MCQ/MRQ questions.

I have a result slide and added 2 custom buttons 1 home and sceond Retake quiz.

Problem is on retake marks of Drag and drop are not get calculated.

Means:

on first attemt my 9 questions are correct and Drag and drop is incorrect...I got 90%

I retake quiz and now attempted all correct still I get 90%

What is solution for this.

Regards,

Sanket

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please check the Drag and Drop slide and make sure that it is actually reporting a score to the quiz?  Also check on the Project > Advanced Interactions dialog whether there are perhaps other buttons or interactive objects that might also be reporting to the quiz (apart from the quiz questions) and these might be throwing out your calculations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For more information about Advanced Interactions panel:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-interaction-panel-q-and-a

I am a bit more concerned about your sentence 'I have a result slide and added 2 custom buttons 1 home and sceond Retake quiz.' Can you explain what you mean? A second attempt on quiz level is normally started by clicking the embedded Retake button on the score slide (or by visiting that slide). Did you replace the Retake button? What do you mean by 'custom Retake'? What is the purpose of the 'Home' button? 

If you did set up the D&D as scored slide (which you can detect in the Advanced Interaction panel), not as Knowledge Check slide, you can debug by inserting the system variable cpQuizInfoPointsscored on the first quiz slide, and time it for the rest of the project. That will let you watch if the score is correctly increased on each quiz slide, including the D&D slide. I even wonder why you didn't test by only scoring the D&D slide correctly in the second attempt? Testing only one scenario is bit limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into the problem

Sure I will try as per sugetion.

As requirement needed defferent designed image button for retake.

Home button kept as per requirement will navigare us to start of course.

Issie reported by reviewer during quality check.

First time he got score correct (attemped All correct)

Now on retake when we reattempt quize particular DnD question did not include in scoring.

That is on retake quiz if I atempt all correct questions ideally I should get again 100% but we get 90%

But we just observe it is happening only when I pass and reattempt(paassing percentage set to 70)

If  I fail and retake it is working fine as per requirement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
How are you resetting and restarting your quiz?
Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you are using JavaScript to reset your quiz. You have to remember if you allow users to review the quiz, the JavaScript command to reset the quiz and the Drag and Drop won't work as expected. You will have to write an additional advanced action to hide your Retake the Quiz if the learner has reviewed the quiz or simply disallow the review of the quiz in the first place.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thank you fot looking into this:

I am not using java script

As requirement needed defferent designed image button for retake.

First time he got score correct (attemped All correct)

Now on retake when we reattempt quize particular DnD question did not include in scoring.

That is on retake quiz if I atempt all correct questions ideally I should get again 100% but we get 90%

But we just observe it is happening only when I pass and reattempt(paassing percentage set to 70)

If  I fail and retake it is working fine as per requirement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Lilybiri has already told you, the correct way to retake a quiz is to turn on multiple attempts in Quiz Settings > Pass or Fail, and then select the option to enable the in-built Retake Quiz button on the Quiz Result slide.  If you need that Retake Quiz button to be an image button instead of the default Transparent button that is easily done by selecting Image Button from the drop-down list for that button.  If you need a specific set of images to be used, take a look at this blog post about creating your own image buttons and where to load the images:

https://infosemantics.com.au/how-to-create-custom-image-buttons-for-captivate/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My intuition confirmed again. The pàroblem is the 'custom' Retake button. You should NEVER delete embedded objects on quiz/score slides, certainly not the buttons. You can change the STYLE of the buttons, but only to one of the three older types: text, transparent or image. You talk about an image button but I suspect you are not using that old type but either a shape button filled with an image or the image directly as button (in 11.5). My suspicion is based on the fact that you added a Home button and the new types of buttons are NOT allowed on a score slide.

See: http://blog.lilybiri.com/overvew-6-button-types

The score slide is behaving as expected, even though you have a 'custom' Retake button. Once the quiz is passed all remaining attempts disappear. An embedded Retake button would have disappeared automatically.

It would be good to learn some more about setup of Quizzes. I have published over 20 blogs for that topic. Complete list can be downloaded in this article:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/11/quiz-resources/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources