Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with "accents" in Spanish and include spaces between paragraphs

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
It seems that Captivate has a problem with "accents" in Spanish, it is not possible to type them on the keyboard and I am obliged to type the word in another program and copy and paste into Captivate. Could someone tell me how to write the accents?

On the other hand, I have tried to find some option that allows to include spaces between paragraphs, but I can't find it. Do you have captivate that option? Paragraphs without this option are quite illegible.

Thank you

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Advisor , Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

In the character block you have the ability to add a symbol and play with spacing.

I personally prefer to use ALT commands to enter symbols such as alt-138  for  è

spacing.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Not really a paragraph spacing setting in the strict sense of the meaning, but you might try to select a paragraph of text (or any other selection of text for that matter), and press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Down-Arrow once or several times to achieve a similar effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the character block you have the ability to add a symbol and play with spacing.

I personally prefer to use ALT commands to enter symbols such as alt-138  for  è

spacing.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stagprime, I will have to resort to character block, although resorting to this when you are writing a text is something that slows you down a lot, on a Mac I don't know how to use the ALT commands.
Does anyone know anything about the subject of spaces between paragraphs? I cannot believe that Captivate does not have this option. :- (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The spacing part I referenced in the character block is to increase the spacing between lines of text.

If that is not enough to provide the whitespace you need for readability - is there a reason you cannot simply hit the enter key a second time between paragraphs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that tool, but what I'm talking about is not about spaces between lines, it's about spaces between paragraphs. When there are two or three paragraphs, I use two "enter" (although it would be much more attractive to be able to use custom spaces), but when you have blocks of text that contain five or six paragraphs, most of the time the text becomes too extensive and does not enter the box. Also visually two "enter" introduces too much space between paragraphs, it is not aesthetically correct. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use a Mac but here is a resource that I quickly found that should help you with this.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-alt-codes-4768659

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I had already tried that solution, but in my case it doesn't work. : - (

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really a paragraph spacing setting in the strict sense of the meaning, but you might try to select a paragraph of text (or any other selection of text for that matter), and press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Down-Arrow once or several times to achieve a similar effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gaanf, it is a fantastic solution to simulate the spaces between paragraphs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gaanf for the reminder.

Used those key combinations in the past before Captivate has added the last two options here:

Upper.PNG

CTRL-ALT-SHIFT in combination with arrows in text has this effect:

• with Down arrow: independent of the font size or the line spacing, moves selected text 10px down
  • with Up arrow: independent of the font size or the line spacing, moves selected text 10px up
  • with Right arrow: will increase spacing between individual characters in selected text (kerning)
  • with Left arrow: will decrease spacing between individual characters in selected text (kerning)

Have them somewhere in a very old post or tip. Thought it could be useful to extend your excellent reminder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you found out how to solve the issue with spanish accents? I'm having the same problem with portuguese ones. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources