• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish two videos 1 for webcam separate from on screen video track for further editing & effects

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Captivate 2019, how can I publish the two video tracks into two separate videos one for webcam and another for screen recording. Right now if I publish (export), it produces only one video. I need to further edit and add after effects. Unfortunately, Adobe Captivate 2019 does not link from within cpt* to Premiere Pro or After Effects in a manner similar to other Adobe cloud software. Also, Captivate file is not editable in Premiere Pro or After Effects. How can I keep the cptx file with its two video tracks? or export the two video tracks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raw files (cpvc, I suspect you are talking about that type) are not editable in PP nor AE, but the published MP4 is editable in them. 

Now you talk about a cptx file, but the 'two' video tracks you refer to exist only in a cpvc-file or in a Video Demo slide.  Personally I never use the Webcam functionality... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I need to edit both webcam and on screen video and add effects if possible, it would be great if adobe Captivate was integrated with other adobe just like adobe Premiere and adobe After Effects. I thought if I can export the two video tracks that is my webcam and on screen as mp* then I can edit or add effects to them later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though it pains me to say this, if you want a screencapture tool that does exactly what you just said (edit both webcam and on screen video and add effects) then the best current tool on the market to do this happens to be called Camtasia, not Captivate. 

Adobe has (unfortunately) lost sight of the major functionality set that Captivate was once famous for and instead has repeatedly spent each version's development budget bolting on largely unnecessary 'whizz bang' features that very few Captivate users actually need or want.   The company no longer polls its user base for ideas about what new features they need to achieve their day-to-day work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate does not have to have the editing and after effects functionalities but at least it should export both webcam and screen videos separately which I am trying to confirm if it can or cann't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE change your nickname for the forum, do not use your email address if you don't want to be drowned in spam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird I did not write any names, I also changed the account screen name and added a name but it did not change here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you start a new thread to check? You can always delete it. Have no real experience with editing account screen names. Just wanted to warn you. I can also log this in a moderator forum if you need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, I tried in a new post but still does not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources