• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

publishing and sharing captivate projects?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I publish and share a completed captivate project without using a shared platform such as blackboard? I would ulimatly like to complete a project and share via something like drop box. Thank you

TOPICS
Advanced , Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about a published project, or a cptx-file? What you label as a 'shared platform' is a LMS, which allows to register users and report results of assessments. Such a LMS (there are some free around) is used for published projects. That is totally different from 'sharing' a cptx-file for collaboration. Please, can you specify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. I'm not 100% sure how to answer, my technical ignorance is part of this problem I am sure. To try to explain, I have created a project using the blank project template. The project includes video, quiz questions, and didactic material. I would like to publish the file and share it with a colleague. What is the best way to do this? The publishing options are to "my computer" or to "adobe connect" and as an html. or swf file. It appears that publishing to my computer as an html. file will open it into a browser. I have tried to copy and paste the link to this browser page and email the link but it seems that some portion of the file won't work (video won't run, quiz questions don't work correctly). I am looking to see if it is possible to publish as an isolated file that I can then share with a colleague via email or drop box and don't have to worry about browser compatibility. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only when you publish to exe will you end up with one file. In all other cases, depending on SWF or HTML output, you'll end up with a folder. The best way would be to deploy the course on a web server (you have to upload all files) and send the URL to your colleagues. You could publish to interactive pdf, but in that case colleagues need to install both Adobe Reader and Flash player which is no longer embedded in Adobe Reader.

You can send the whole folder (eventually zipped). If you publish to both html and swf, you have to instruct your colleagues in that case to:

• launch the xxxx.htm file to use the SWF output (xxxx is the same name as the SWF-file); that file will call the JS (for interactivity) and CSS (for styles) files and start the SWF file
  • launch the index.htm to use HTML5  output (necessary if watching from a mobile device)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can send the person the whole html5 .zip file, and after they extract it on their computer, they can run the index.html file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not recommended, in many cases the HTML5 published output will not run locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will if it's run from the same file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to disagree, I have a lot of HTML5 published projects that will not run locally. I have to upload them to my websever. Maybe simple linear projects with very few interactivity will run locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Lieve (for whatever it's worth) - testing files locally is not reliable. It may work fine, but I wouldn't count on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources