Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redirect on Question Answer - Back if wrong, forward if right

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Im very new to captivate and have been pulled in to help a co-worker develop a captivate file for training due to my technical expertise. That said we have made some pretty good progress with the course design so far.

My question comes from wanting to execute certain actions on certain questions.

For example if the user gets a question on required PPE wrong we want them to be taken back to the PPE slide for review before they attempt to answer again. However, if they get it wrong a second time we want them to move forward with the training regardless. All while recording it for the quiz data at the end.

Does Captivate support this? I am not worried about how complex it might be I would just like to know if this is doable and if so how we would have to go about achieving it.

In my head I think the easest is have it as a one attempt, if failed move to PPE2 (Duplicate of PPE) before going to a duplicate question slide and moving forward.

Cheers,

Vic
TOPICS
Advanced , Getting started , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Blog is published on my personal blog, waiting for moderation in the eLearning community. Here is the link:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tweakremediation-get-out-of-the-eternal-loop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your idea will not be ideal at all. Reason: duplicate the question will lead to incrementing the total score, which will not be correct anymore.

I don't know what a PPE is (I am not a native English speaker). If you mean a content slide somewhere, you could use the remediation feature. However if you use it in the default way, that means that the answer can be edited when navigated back to the question slide, but the learner will get in a loop: only when the answer is correct will it be possible to continue. But it is the perfect way to avoid the question slide to be blocked when returning.

I may find a workaround to get out of the loop, it is not as easy as you think. If you would please explain what the PPE means? Is that indeed one content slide? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lilybiri,

You are right we would not want to increase the total score which I forgot would be a problem with my method.

PPE is short form for Personal Protective Equipment. All of the equipment that they would need to do a job safely is listed on that one content slide.

We would only like them to have the two attempts at it to get it right, before continuing forward.

Would you have to create an advanced "what if" statement in the Execute Advaced Actions?

Cheers,

Vic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite a while ago I have created such workaround. Are you on the most recent version of Captivate? 

Since I live in Belgium, it is very late here. When I get your answer will check out if that older workflow is still valid in the present version but it will be tomorrow. Just got insulted again when trying to help here, and that is not very stimulating. Want to go to bed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yupp! I just had captivate installed today.

I live in Canada and am on PST so hopefully we will be able to connect tomorrow at a more reasonable time. 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to look into that older workflow!

I'm sorry that some members can be insulting and ignorant.

Have yourself a great evening, thank you so much for your help!

Cheers,

Vic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have retrieved the workaround, using the Remediation feature, made it more flexible as you will see in this movie by using Shared actions. This example has two content slides after the Title slide, then two quiz slides which both have the Remediation workflow. For the first (T/F) slide after the second attempt learner moves on (your requirement), the second (MCQ) slide does the same after the third attempt. There is one limitation, same as for the normal Remediation: it is not working or partially scored MCQ slides.  Here is the link to the example:

RemediationLoop

Let me know if this is OK, I will write out the workflow in a blog post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lilybiri!

That looks like exactly what we want it to as we are not using partially scored MCQ slides.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to write out the workflow in a blog post!

Cheers,

Vic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Blog is published on my personal blog, waiting for moderation in the eLearning community. Here is the link:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tweakremediation-get-out-of-the-eternal-loop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources