• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotation animation about a certain point

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing a lesson for a class on rigid transformations. I was able to set up a translation animation pretty easy considering the animation is just up and down and right and left which is easy to do in Captivate. However, I am having trouble with the rotation animation. I want to rotate about a certain point on the graph. Check out the image attached. The black point I want to rotate about is circlerotation questiond. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would duplicate the shape, then position it so the new shape has its upper left point touching the lower right point. Then configure the duplicate so it's invisible (no color used and transparency at 100%)

Then select the two objects and group them. At that point I believe the rotation point would be what you are wanting.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contrary to most other Adobe applications you cannot change the reference point (which you label as 'rotation point) in Captivate. The normal reference point (for aligning, resizing) is the top left corner of the bounding box. However for Effects it is different: it is the center point of the bounding box, even for triangles where you would expect another point.

You have to force this, and Rick points out a the only work flow I am aware of as well, based on the fact that for groups you can apply only one effect to the whole group. If you group objects, all individual effects will be deleted automatically. The reference point rule for the group effect is the same as for individual objects: center of the bounding box surrounding the group. If you use a dummy duplicate triangle (invisible due to alpha = 0 and stroke width = 0) and position it in such a way that the center point of the bounding box is exactly the rotation point you want for the original triangle, you will have the illusion that the triangle is rotating with the bottom right point as rotation point:

RotationPoint.png

Problem is that you have to repeat this work flow whenever you need another rotation point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure would be nice to see a draggable registration point, wouldn't it?

Nice visual!

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course, have asked that since Effects appeared... too little users seem to need it. I'm so used to changing that registration point in other Adobe apps.

Have a lot of that type of visuals ready...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources