• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM Manifest Information Shows in LMS

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are uploading courses to our LMS (Cornerstone). When we launch the file, there is a section to the right of the actual course that appears to show information from the SCORM manifest file.

I have not been able to figure out if this is something I can turn off from either Captivate or from Cornerstone, but I know we don't want it to show (it looks messy, and takes up a lot of the screen).

Screen shot is below -- has anyone had this issue before and been able to remove it?

Much appreciated!

VLookup Screen Shot.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Hello jnifferg,

Looking at Cornerstone's "Course Publisher", it states: "Cornerstone supports all properly formatted SCORM v1.2 courses up to 250MB..."

Perhaps you can contact your Client Success Manager and see if they are capable of publishing SCORM 2004?

Hope it all works out!

-Michael GJ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the Table of Contents (TOC) for the SCORM player in the LMS.  Since you only have one module in your course that's what it's showing.  You cannot control this from Captivate.  You need to investigate your LMS settings to find out if the TOC can be turned off.  It can in other LMSs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks -- we'll take a look.

As another option, then -- if we aren't able to turn it off from Cornerstone, if I publish with a TOC that matches the Captivate skin, will it at least look better? (I'll test that, too...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm coming back to this issue after a few months because it is seriously impacting a project I am trying to publish for a client. 

• If I publish as SCORM 2004, I get the screen pictured above.

Captivate Issue Graphic.png

• If I show the TOC with a customized skin (via Captivate), I get the screen shown to the right. (TOC is pretty from Captivate, but I still get the extra window at the left.)

• If I publish as SCORM 1.2, the extra window goes away, but I lose Seamless Tabbing, which completely screws up the tutorial, which uses Tab to enter data into the fields.

Cornerstone does not have an option to turn anything off when uploading a eLearning module. Even if they did, the fact that the screen disappears when publishing as SCORM 1.2 implies that there is something going on with the SCORM 2004 publish that is different.

I have read other threads that tell me to add a line to the SCORM 1.2 HTML file to fix the seamless tabbing issue. However, the HTML file simply routes out to the javascript file, so that can't be done.

And, although HTML 5 is a preferred solution, Captivate's HTML 5 version does not support rollover captions, which I use in my tutorial.

Do I have ANY other options here? I would very much appreciate some help. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello jnifferg,

I am the Admin for our Cornerstone account and publish often.

I cannot find anything within my Admin reach.

And, I have exclusively published via SCORM 1.2.

A couple of questions for you:

Does the phantom window appear when you publish & view locally?

Have you published via Cornerstone previously and NOT seen the phantom window?

You may want to reach out to your Cornerstone "Client Success Manager"

Good Luck!

Michael GJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little late to the party, but I have a few questions:

In your first post you say, "there is a section to the right of the actual course that appears to show information from the SCORM manifest file".

There isn't anything to right in the picture. The info (links) to the left are read from your manifest as Rod said. You need to have your course and module Titles entered in Captivate using the Configure button next to the SCORM selection on the Preferences/Quiz/Reporting.

Most LMS's have an option to launch the content in a "New Window" of "Embedded in the Page".

What do you mean by "However, the HTML file simply routes out to the javascript file, so that can't be done."?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not too late to the party -- all help is welcome!

1) Brain got backwards; I meant my "other right." You are correct that I am referring to the window at the LEFT of the course screen.

2) Whether I have the course and module titles entered in Captivate does not seem to make a difference here (I have tried adding them, and removing them) -- the window still shows, it just either shows the names, or some default text.  It's not formatted, and frankly, kind of ugly when you compare it to the nicely formatted course.

3) Cornerstone does not give us an option to launch the content in a new window or embedded in the page. The default is to open in a new window, but still shows the frame at the left. BUT -- only when I publish using SCORM 2004.

4) As for the last, I am referring to some of the other discussions, where it is suggested that to fix the tabbing issue, I/we add a line of text to HTML file generated by Captivate. However, the code that I'm supposed to look for does not exist. The HTML code looks like it just calls up the Javascript for the SWF, so not much help.

THAT SAID -- I have tested a few combinations, and I think I found one that works.

SWF, SCORM 1.2, DISABLE ACCESSIBILITY    

Disabling Accessibility may have taken care of the tabbing issue.  I'm in the process of having other people test the course, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello jnifferg,

Looking at Cornerstone's "Course Publisher", it states: "Cornerstone supports all properly formatted SCORM v1.2 courses up to 250MB..."

Perhaps you can contact your Client Success Manager and see if they are capable of publishing SCORM 2004?

Hope it all works out!

-Michael GJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Michael,

I will do that. You're right in that it may simply be an unsupported version.

As long as the SCORM 1.2 will do the trick, I'll be happy. I believe I went to SCORM 2004 because of the tabbing issue. But if disabling accessibility fixes that issue, I should be good.

I appreciate that there is another Cornerstone Admin out there!

Jennifer

Manager, Instructional Design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most LMSs give you very little control over the appearance of their TOC.  If Cornerstone does give you skins for the TOC that's great, but you are the best one positioned to render judgement on whether or not it looks better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay -- latest update:

• Module works in CHROME when published in SWF, SCORM 1.2
    • Phantom window is not there
    • Rollovers work
    • Tabbing works in the simulations
  • Module does not work in IE 10 when published in SWF, SCORM 1.2
    • Phantom window is not there
    • Rollovers work
    • Tabbing does not work in the simulations, which effectively stops the training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you publish there is a checkbox for Seamless Tabbing in the Advanced section. Did you try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option is available in Captivate 7. I am using Captivate 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the SCORM_utilities.js and try adding the bolded line, it's:

//Embed SWf using the SWFObject library

var so = new SWFObject(CONFIG.FILENAME, CONFIG.SWFOBJ_ID,

CONFIG.COURSE_WIDTH, CONFIG.COURSE_HEIGHT,

CONFIG.FPVERSION, "#CCCCCC");

so.addParam("SeamlessTabbing", "false");

so.addParam("quality", "high");

so.addParam("wmode", CONFIG.WMODE);

so.addParam("bgcolor", CONFIG.BGCOLOR);

so.addParam("menu", "false");

so.setAttribute("name", CONFIG.SWFOBJ_NAME);

so.setAttribute("redirectUrl", CONFIG.REDIRECT_URL);

so.addParam("AllowScriptAccess","always");

so.write(CONFIG.TARGET);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This did the trick.  🙂

Final solution is to publish in SCORM 1.2, and edit the SCORM_utilities.js file to fix the tabbing issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is all good information, however, I need to publish in 2004 in order for CSOD to register the survey answers.

So again the question is...How do you loose the TOC when publishing?

I would apppreciate any help I can get!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources