• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple question: How to edit a question slide in Captivate 5?

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed it and have been everywhere trying to find where to edit a question slide. Can't find the Easter egg.

Anybody know where Adobe hid it?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Hi there

Yeah, the areas where you make changes diffuse a bit with Captivate 5. Where you make the changes depend on what element you want to edit.

For the text styling, click on the element you wish to style or change, then either open the Properties panel and style it in the panel or open the Object Style Manager and style there.

If you want to change the options, open the Quiz Properties panel and change things like point value and feedback captions shown and buttons. Or the Action to perform

Che

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry did not understand your question?? Did you mean you are not able to edit a question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - that's correct. I cannot edit a question slide.

This is an existing Cap 4 project. The first time I opened it in Cap 5, it didn't show the Quiz Properties.

I closed the file and opened it again. Now that I see the Quiz Properties, but I still can't get to any of the main quiz options.

This slide is a hot spot slide. I can't, for example, add another hot spot in the Quiz Properties. Quiz Properties are different from "Edit the Question Slide" button in previous Captivates, which used to be a button under the timeline. Now it doesn't exist? If I want to add a hotspot, do I have to delete the slide and start over now?

--

Edit: I see now how to add a hot spot.

Looks like I get to learn a new application. I wish their documentation were better. Fortunately, there are helpful folks on the forum for most questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just another suggestion: try to use the workspace 'Quizzing' when you are editing the Question slides: then you'll have the panel "Quiz Properties" in left docking station and the panel "Properties" in the right docking station. With the first panel you'll configure the question (like Edit Question slide in CP4) and with the second you'll do the fromatting. If you use the default Classic workspace, both panels will be in the right docking station and you have to click quite a lot. Be also sure to check out the Object styles (you can use the Object Style Manager - SHIFT-F7) where you'll find the styles for Quizzing objects.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, sorry about that Lilybiri. Totally spaced off that we had that strange arrangement of panels available!

Then again, the workspace arrangement is rendered moot if the question really cannot be edited, no?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Yeah, the areas where you make changes diffuse a bit with Captivate 5. Where you make the changes depend on what element you want to edit.

For the text styling, click on the element you wish to style or change, then either open the Properties panel and style it in the panel or open the Object Style Manager and style there.

If you want to change the options, open the Quiz Properties panel and change things like point value and feedback captions shown and buttons. Or the Action to perform

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your best bet is to stick to CP4 to edit existing material while you learn the new interface, for reasons such as the following: try creating a "Fill-in-the-blank" in CP4 and porting it to CP5. Notice anything askew?

Kvetch: Flash users should be a bit more comfortable with CP5, but that is no excuse for Adobe requiring CP users to learn anew. What would be helpful is if they created adequate training for CP5 newbies (which I assume we all are) instead of relying on developers to train each other using the Adobe portal. Hey, I have an idea, perhaps Adobe could use CP5 to create training on how to use CP5? Naw, that would never work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

P.S. To create a Fill-in-the-blank in CP5 type the entire sentence or phrase and then highlight the word or phrase to be blank, right-click (Win) and mark as blank. Now wasn't that easy? I would add a smiley here, but that would go against my New Year's resolution.

P.P.S. It is relatively easy once you get the hang of it, but who said my relatives were easy, ba-dump-bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources