Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Success Failure Shapes

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am trying to separate the actions for the Success and Failure shapes on a drag and drop question. I need the learner to be able to go to the next slide when the success shape appears (they answered correctly) and for them to have to answer the question again when the Failure shape appears (did not answer correctly). Can that be done? If so, how? I am using Captivate 9. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag&Drop has two events, and you see the actions for them in the D&D panel:

• Success action is done when the validated answer is correct. Set that action to the command 'Go to Next Slide'. The shapes which appear have nothing to do with the actions at all, they will appear for the timing you designed (normall 3secs) and then the Success action is done.
  • Last Attempt action: is wrongly labeled as Failure action. That action will only be done after the last attempt. However if you give the slide multiple attempts, the learner will be able to retry the question. 

A problem is the fact that it has no Retry caption/shape.... Maybe this blog post could help:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/d-and-d-feedback-messages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Lilybiri.

But how can I keep the learner from moving forward if they did not answer correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need mulitple attempts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources