• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toggle Multiple Highlight Boxes Works in Preview NOT in Browser

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to implement a "toggle" advanced action on a single slide that toggles 18 highlight box objects on/ off when clicked. The highlight boxes are arranged in a grid of 3 rows of and 6 columns.

cap_3x6grid.JPG

I have defined a set of 18 user variables v_visib_01 - v_visib_18 (one for each highlight box/ not visible by default) that are used by the 18 advanced actions to do the toggle.

I am using Captivate 5.5. Browser is IE 8. Flash Player is 11.4.402.287. OS is Windows 7. The project spans 27 slides including a quiz of 8 slides.

The issue I'm seeing is, although in preview mode it works fine, when I run in a browser, instead of the toggle on/ off highlight box behavior, I'm branched to the first slide in the project on a click. I cannot figure out why?

Screen caps from both the variables and advanced actions below. NOTE: Approach used based on work described previously by Lieve Weymeis in other thread in this forum and elsewhere. Appreciate any help. Thank you!

cap_v-visib_variables.JPG

cap_toggle_cond_if_action.JPG 

cap_toggle_cond_else.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

There you are! Welcome!

It is your second expression that is not correct: 'Expression rdcmndGotoFrame = rdinfoCurrentSlide - 1' If you want to rewind the playhead, the second variable should also be pointing to a frame, not to a slide (rdInfoCurrentFrame). So you are always directing to another slide here.

I don't even think you need that expression, but should have to check in CP5.5. Normally an advanced action doesn't release the play head. Try without that statement, if it is not working add th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There you are! Welcome!

It is your second expression that is not correct: 'Expression rdcmndGotoFrame = rdinfoCurrentSlide - 1' If you want to rewind the playhead, the second variable should also be pointing to a frame, not to a slide (rdInfoCurrentFrame). So you are always directing to another slide here.

I don't even think you need that expression, but should have to check in CP5.5. Normally an advanced action doesn't release the play head. Try without that statement, if it is not working add the statement:

Expression rdcmndGotoFrame = rdinfoCurrentFrame - 1

Lilybiri

@VJ I do not understand your answer at all, what has that to do with this bug in an advanced action??? Please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Lieve-

Removing the 2nd expression solves the issue as you suspected. Thank you for the swift response!

You are the best!

-Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources