• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ugly 'jump' or brief blank screen when using Widget

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I am using Adobe Captivate 2017, publishing to HTML (HTML5) and using Internet Explorer 11.

On pages where I use one of the Learning Interaction widgets:  such as glossary or a drop down selection menu, I get a brief flicker of a blank screen.

So say I have a series of screens showing a software application that I am teaching the student how to use

page 1 just uses a click button interaction(s)

page 2 includes a drop down selection box widget (learning interaction)

page 3 includes text entry fields and click box interactions.

when navigating from page 1 to page 2, or from page 3 to page 2, there is a brief 'jump' showing a blank/white screen before page 2 shows.  The drop down widget works fine, but this 'jump' is ugly and I wonder if I have something set incorrectly/incompatible.. 

I get the same behavior when going to the glossary page (uses the glossary widget/learning interaction)  - a brief blank screen.

Has anyone else experienced this and have any suggestions?

thank you

Lisa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa,

Suggestion:

Try synchronizing the interaction with your project.

- Select the interaction while on the slide and synchronize it with your project.

- Refer to the image below.

Thanks and good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that (as you suggested) but it didn't seem to change anything.  thank you for your response though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try another browser? IE is no longer developed by MS in favor of Edge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just double-checked on all browsers (IE 11, Edge, Firefox, Chrome).  I get that blank screen when going to the slide that has the widget using any browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have audio on those slides? It looks like a lot has to be loaded On Enter for the slide, and audio is in most cases the culprit.

A workaround I sometimes use is a very short slide with the widget before the one where you need it, to split the uploading time. Not sure if this will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no audio.  I just did a very short test on a new file - 3 screens.  All 3 have same master slide with only a full screen shape for the background.

slide 1 - shape that when clicked on goes to slide 2

slide 2 - click box that when clicked goes to slide 3

slide 3 - drop down widget.

I still get a brief blank white screen when going from slide 2 to slide 3.

Adobe Captivate 2017 - 10.0.1.285, running in Windows 7 and Windows 10 (on 2 separate computers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce this problem. Just for testing, can you switch the theme to the blank theme and test again? I wonder if something is wrong with your theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm already using the 'Blank' theme and only the 'Blank' master slide from that theme.  It appears as if *something* is corrupted....  thanks for trying to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did edit the theme, because you mentioned that you have a shape as background, which is not the case for the blank master slide in the blank theme. I was really talking about the original unedited theme. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct.  If I have absolutely nothing on the Blank master slide I do not get that 'jump'.  I did change the project background to a blue color so I could see the jump if it happened.

So do you think reinstalling Captivate would work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is due to a theme, reinstalling is not at all necessary. You are on Windows, correct?

The themes you are using are in Public Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Layouts\10_0. That folder is a duplicate of the original folder which you can find in the Gallery\Layouts in the installation folder, under the correct language folder you have installed.

If you think the Blank theme to be corrupted, just close Captivate. You'll need Administrator rights. Copy the Blank.cptim fro the orignal in the Gallery to the folder in the Public Documents.

I don't know if you have a lot of custom themes and/or where you stored them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lieve - I will look into that Monday morning and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did this work for you, Lisa? I am having the exact same issues with the drop down widget but replacing the blank slide didn't work. I have more than one drop down widget on the slide. Using the new blank background, if I leave just one widget on the slide with absolutely nothing else it works, if I add more than one drop down widget and images and buttons the slide blinks on enter. I am also using a custom theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - I have not had any luck getting this fixed.   I'm so glad someone else has experienced it!  Do  you know how this question can be elevated?  Is there a support email I can direct this to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can log a bug report. In this portal, look at the menu under your profile. Here is a direct link:

https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?Y9CHVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the exact same issue I am having on Captivate 9 with a widget, a brief white screen then it plays no issues. Is there a solution????

Angela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It needs to be loaded, which can explain the short waiting time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources