Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from Captivate 4 to 5

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm wondering if it is OK to have Captivate 4 and 5 running on the same PC - I'm midway through a project in 4, but would like to experiment with 5 before converting my current work. Can anyone let me know if there is likely to be any issues.

Thanks in advance

Colin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Normally no issues. Some people even have 5 different version of CP installed. So install that trial, Captivate 5 is a big leap forward, a lot of new features but... the User interface has changed a lot.  But once you get used to it, CP4 does become 'old-fashioned' as it is for me after a couple of months of playtime with CP5.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - Old Fashioned but wicked efficient and much faster!

For me, Captivate 5 works like a child's book.

See Captivate.

See Captivate crawl.

Dick says, Run Captivate! Run!

Don't get me wrong, it does run but it's much slower to respond than I expected it to be. Maybe I need a better PC, LOL

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Did expect this reaction, and perhaps you can see me smiling in your famous crystal ball. Of course, I bought a brandnew laptop with 1GB graphical card and lot of RAM for eLS2, more specifically for Cp and Ps. You are quite right, on my desktop PC CP5 is indeed much slower than CP4. I plan to upgrade that one from XP to Win7 to be able to have more RAM on board soonly. However not every process is slower, previewing (after the first time) is much quicker and saving too. It is editing that is crawling, not?

Have a nice day,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2010 Sep 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to know about this and at the same time saddened.  I'm a beginner with Captivate 5 with no previous experience.  I thought my computer (Mac) needed more RAM for Captivate 5, so I maxed the computer out with RAM.  I see a little difference working in Captivate 5, but not much.  Good to know that it's the software itself.  I'm happy with it for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2010 Oct 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Am I safe in assuming you can have both only as long as you buy the full application? In other words, If I just buy the upgrade, I would end up with only Captivate 5, correct?

Kurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I'll give it a try!

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources