• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading PowerPoint to Captivate - PPTX freezes during import, but PPT doesn't allow High Fidelity. Ideas on workarounds?

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A client has given us a PowerPoint that they want to display in an Adobe Connect meeting, complete with narration audio. My job is to import the PowerPoint they created into Captivate (which is version 11.0.1), and then sync the text bullets to the audio. Sounded like no problem.

Only it's become a massive problem.

1) I tried importing the PPTX files but it freezes at "Converting PowerPoint Slides - 49%." Always 49%. The program itself is responsive, but I left it running all night and woke up to 49% still. So I had to close it through the Task Manager.

I tried splitting the PPTX into batches of 10. Even with only 10 slides to import, it freezes at 49%.

2) I then imported the PPT version. There's no High Fidelity option, but maybe I can make it work? It was at least able to import without freezing.

The first few slides I was able to sync the bullets through the "Edit Slide" option and setting the animation delay. No problem.

But that stopped working at slide 6?? It thinks the slide animations are set to "On Click" but they are very much definitely set to "With Previous." Slide 7 and 8 are doing the same.

I have no clue what to do.

Is there some kind of workaround for displaying PowerPoint + audio + synced bullets in Adobe Connect?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's probably some component on one of the later slides in the PPT deck that is fouling things up during the import.  Try importing smaller blocks of slides as PPT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I got in touch with Adobe Support and they think the same as you. Right now we are trying to import a fresh version (copy/pasted over) but it is taking ages because it's 60 slides.

Afterward, if it doesn't work, we will try those smaller batches.

I did try smaller batches in the original attempts but not with a clean version. Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem when i try to import PPT in adobe captivate and i make the presentation directly in adobe captivate. It's a lot of work but you can edit simple when you need to add more thinks and you will have a good quality.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources