• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Widgets in Captivate 5

Contributor ,
Oct 13, 2010 Oct 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Captivate 5 module that has any type of widget in the module will not scale with the browser window when viewed from Connect.

A  Captivate 5 module that does not contain a widget will scale with the  browser window when view from Connect while in a coarse or curriculum.

It appears that is a Captivate issue. I have the same thing happening  when I view the project from my web server. I just had a widget made for  me and the person who made it was able to explain why with happens.

"In  most widgets there are some lines of code added to restrict the “stage  scale mode” in Flash. This is used because if this is not used then  Captivate will not place the Widget Properties panel at the correct  location and therefore you wouldn’t be able to fill in the properties.  Apparently (but I don’t see why) this is also causing the Captivate SWF  to restrict the scale mode and therefore Connect Pro cannot scale your  Captivate SWF."

Anyone know how to fix this. It is causing all kinds of problems for me with Window sizing.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;
stage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;

This is what is used in most widgets and it is being passed on to the Captivate generates swf.

If I change it to

stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_BORDER;

The Captivate project will scale with the browser window. The problem is that I can no longer make changes to the widget in Capitvate because it mess up the widget UI.

There has to be away to prevent this from being passed on to Captivate.

My customers are demanding that my training Scale with the browser Window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael from the CP Guru helped me and made a Widget with

that fixes this problem.

His site has all kinds of  Widgets for Captivate.

http://www.cpguru.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Xeon and CPGuru. The new widget was just in time for me. Quick question: the instruction page that pops up when the widget is inserted is showing very LARGE text. It's to the point that I can only read the first word of every line. As a result I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do anything other than just insert on a random slide within the project that has other widgets.

Could someone provide some more information on this?

stageScaleWidgetProperties.jpg

Thanks again!
Leah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the way the widget is supose to look I know it does not look right.

The reason is that most widgets have this line of code inside to make the Widget user interface fit inside of the widget window when viewed inside of Captivate.

stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;

This however is passed along to the published Captivate swf thus preventing scaleing with the browser window.

If this code is used

You can no longer see what is in the Widget window within Captivate because the inferface content scales inside of the window parameters.

The Scale widget's only purpose it to Neutralize the No_SCALE that is in most widgets. So all you have to do is import it. Nothing needs to be changed.

Also it is worth noting that this widget has to be on the same slide as a normal widget to work and they have to be in equal numbers to neutralize.

Ex.

Slide one has three normal widget and each contains a NO_SCALE line of code. To neutralize the three NO_SCALE's you will have to have three of Stage Scale widgets.

Also some widgets have more than one NO_SCALE lines within them like the Certificate widget. It has two. So you have to add two Stage scale on the slide to neutralize it.

Hope this makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes perfect sense. Thank you for the very quick reply and the notes to include the widget on each slide where another widget is located (and in equal numbers). I didn't catch this in the blog about the widget.

Again, I greatly appreciate the quick response.

Leah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am in Captivate 5.5. I used the cpguru stage rescale widget in  conjunction with the swf loader widget from cpguru (3 times on each page that has the swf loader widget). This solved the problem of the swf loading in the browser window and then "jumping" to the left and getting too big. HOWEVER, my problem is still not solved because when I use the stage re-scale widget, I still cannot see the bottom of my swf when it displays in the IE browser window.(The stage rescale widget is supposed to re-size the swf dispay to 100%). I have to scroll to see the bottom 1/16th of my course.

Any help is appreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources