• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera goes in and out.

Participant ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Webcam works fine for zoom and other things.  All drivers are updated.  Adobe rep told was helpful but eventually told me there was nothing they could do since this is a beta.  Why would you put out a beta version and invite people to use it when it doesn't even function as it does in your OKSamurai YouTube videos?  I have a huge project to do and it looks like I'm going to have to tell my client that I can't deliver because Adobe released something that doesn't perform the basic functions advertised.  Livid.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it's not working for you. Can you share a screen recording showing the problem?

Do you need features that are only in the Beta version? If so, which ones in particular?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  It's not easy for me to get a screen recording.  Just imagine the camera/mic window going black for a second every 2-3 seconds.

I need the body tracking feature for this project.  Perhaps I'm being too optimistic using a beta for a gig, but a month ago I was able to rig my character correctly.  I broke the rig when I changed layers in the source art and now I can't fix my puppet bc I can't test it since the camera is acting up.  I did try un/re/installing the app.

Thanks so much for any advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS version and camera type? What version of Ch Beta are you using? Does it work fine in the non-Beta? (If so, what's the non-Beta version it works fine in?) Have you tried rebooting the system?

Is someone flicking the lights off in the room intermittently? .... just kidding 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for the reply.  I'm using Win10 with a Logictech HD C615.  I'm using CH Beta Ver. 22 build 23.  The camera works fine in the non-Beta version.  It also seems to work in the beta version if I have body tracking turned off.  I have tried rebooting and also reinstalling CH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the camera image goes blank, do the parts of the puppet being controlled by face tracking still move? Same question for the Body-driven parts. Do the face & body overlay still show up or do they disappear too?

Our camera expert is back from vacation on Monday and may have follow-up questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So sorry to hear you are having trouble!

We have tested extensively with Logitech cameras and they generally work very well with CH and CH Beta.  I don't have the Logitech C615 here in my collection to test with, but I do have the very similar Logitech C525 webcam.   I just tested it with Beta Ch and it seems to be working well.

The fact that your camera turns on and delivers a few frames before going blank is very interesting to me.   This behavior is sometimes indicative of a power issue.  If the camera tries to draw more than the USB port can provide, this behavior is sometimes the result.

Is your camera connected through a USB hub?  If so, please try connecting it directly to your PC.

If your camera is already connected to your PC you might try connecting it to a different USB port.  Is there a high-speed (blue) port on your PC?  If so please try that.

One more question:  Did you install any Logitech camera drivers?   Most of the Logitech camera drivers are obsolete with Win10, and can interfere with normal camera operations.  If you have installed them you might try removing them and rebooting.

Please try the above and let us know how that goes.  I have a few more ideas for you if that doesn’t help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources