• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import photoshop psd from 2024 version in character animator 2024

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop 2024 and Character Animator 2024. I am not able to open PSD in Character Animator 2024, I customized the puppet in Photoshop 2024 version. It is annoying. 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
General , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you cannot import a file or that you cannot edit a file already imported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheOriginalGC  - when I edit blank puppet template in Photoshop 2024 and save it as PSD file and when I want to import this to character animator 2024 the psd file extension option is not showing so which way I can use it ? and most of the adobe tutorial is showing psd file extension can be import inside adobe charcter animator. 

I hope you can now understand issue in 2024 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit out of my area of expertise. Is it just this file that's not visible or can you not see any PSD files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheOriginalGC  difficult to explain , the character animator 2024 is not accepting PSD file option while import option but I hope it was available in 2023 version?  I just want to know what is the new way to import PSD file in animator charater 2024. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally import AI format puppets, but I did experiment and I was able to see and import PSD files in the 2024 version. This is most perplexing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheOriginalGC  can you suggest which step you have used to import PSD file in animate character 2024 ?? 

because when you will import in Adobe CH 2024 it is taking only *.puppet format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Record mode, I select file > import and navigate to the local directory where the file is. I've not had any problems loading files form local drives and One Drive, though I know that the program sometimes refuses to work with cloud drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheOriginalGC - Actually just now I have seen this option in character Animator Pro . It is not available in starter option. Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you figured it out. You are correct, you can only import .puppet in Starter.

Votes

Translate

Translate