Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I try to load my Character in Character Animator it constantly says :

Error reading past end of file.

Error code: (Container.js:389)

Error code: (engine.js:411)

Error code: (engine.js:570)

Error code: (bootstrap.js:3)

This seems to always happen whenever I start rigging my character, it's fine when its not rigged. Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Bugs , Crash , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Usually you can fix this by going back in your History panel a few steps.
  • It usually means something in the file isn't syncing properly, which can sometimes be fixed by saving locally instead of on a cloud-synced system like Dropbox.
  • Make sure you're using the latest version, 3.4.

Or is there a particular rigging step you're trying to do that causes this message to show up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back in the History Panel And It Looked Like The Problem Started When I created the first swap set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but now i cant rig the character without experiencing the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok now it wont work whenever i add a behaviour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please File > Export > Puppet and share it as a link (Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) so I could take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I was able to load this character up fine. I added behaviors and swap sets to him without any issues.

If you open up this puppet in an entirely new project (File > New Project), does that help at all? I wonder if the current project got corrupted somehow.

Is this happening to all characters or just this one? Like, if you try to add behaviors or swapsets to Chad or Chloe from the home page, do the same errors show up?

My only other guess is that because this character has a lot of physics associated with his hair, maybe something there is causing issues?

Worst case scenario, try uninstalling and reinstalling CH again to see if that helps.

If none of those work...I'm stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I've tried your steps and It's worked out better but it seems like when I close Character Animator it will show the error code again. I also can't compose in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, 
i have the same problem where the program doesnt want to load a file from a location having the same error stated as above. what is the solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines