• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ch cannot access FaceTime HD camera error

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Ch 2019, Ch cannot access my MacBook Pro camera.  I either get an error pop-up stating the error or "waiting for camera" in the Ch camera display field.  My Mac programs (FaceTime, Photo Booth) can access the camera and work fine.  Microphone works.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Camera

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

The 2019 version can be a bit less tolerant of other apps using the camera at the same time. One other possibility that comes to mind, if you are using the new Mojave OS (10.14) is that if Character Animator has not been granted access to the camera, it will produce this error.

To confirm/remedy that situation, open System Preferences/Privacy & Security/Privacy/Camera and make sure the box next to the Character Animator icon in the application list is checked (to indicate that it is ok for Ch to

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were on windows I would suggest a reboot! But if no response here dont forget you can report a bug Report (links st top of forum home page)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the bug report suggestion.  I'm pulling my hair out on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2019 version can be a bit less tolerant of other apps using the camera at the same time. One other possibility that comes to mind, if you are using the new Mojave OS (10.14) is that if Character Animator has not been granted access to the camera, it will produce this error.

To confirm/remedy that situation, open System Preferences/Privacy & Security/Privacy/Camera and make sure the box next to the Character Animator icon in the application list is checked (to indicate that it is ok for Ch to access the camera).

Hopefully that helps,

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. I checked the box it doesn't work. It still says waiting for camera. I have latest software as well

Sound works... but no video. It was working fine yesterday.

Here's what I see.

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 12.05.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-20 at 12.05.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-20 at 12.12.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-20 at 12.13.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-20 at 12.16.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you DT.  It was that simple.  😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines