• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character animator won't launch "Unable to create font."

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleague and I can't launch our copies of CA. A prompt box comes up "Unable to create font." What do you suggest?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Thanks so much for your replies. We discovered the issue was our enterprise is currently running Windows version 1709 and the newest version is 1803. Once I uninstalled v 1.5 and installed prior version 1.1.1, the program opened and operated with no issues. Previously, I installed the Myriad Pro font as suggested upthread, but it did not fix the issue. So I guess the working hypothesis is there is some font(s) other than Myriad, in Windows release 1803, which weren't in 1709, which prevent laun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Try downloading this: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/1668f7e0-2b37-41b0-4256-1b7361a26734

1. Unarchive the contents of the Debug Database.zip file (i.e., a single Debug Database.txt file).

2. Open a Windows Explorer window, then enter the following into the address field at the top to get to the Character Animator 3.3 preferences folder: %appdata%\Adobe\Character Animator\3.3

3. Copy the Debug Database.txt file (from the .zip file) into this preferences folder, overwriting the existing o

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting. So someone else just posted Where I suggested to reinstall software... but if on multiple machines...

i wonder if font file triggered antivirus virus software after an update and got quarantined. Or there is a network font that failed to Download.

i think this might need adobe support (there is a separate area for that I think)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this shows up if a default system font isn't available. See:

Unable to create font
Unable to create font

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! It looks like my colleague, EJKamm, found a temporary solution for our issue with Character Animator. Unfortunately, the issue is back and we have spent several hours with Adobe Support through chat, email, and multiple phone calls. Their only recommendation is to update our version of Windows from 1709 to 1803. However, our IT department says that this is not possible. Can you think of ANY other possible solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your replies. We discovered the issue was our enterprise is currently running Windows version 1709 and the newest version is 1803. Once I uninstalled v 1.5 and installed prior version 1.1.1, the program opened and operated with no issues. Previously, I installed the Myriad Pro font as suggested upthread, but it did not fix the issue. So I guess the working hypothesis is there is some font(s) other than Myriad, in Windows release 1803, which weren't in 1709, which prevent launching CA 1.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your research, did you discover the name of the missing font? Maybe go buy and install it?

Another approach would be to install a copy of Windows in a VM. Desktop does not change then. It is less efficient (Windows inside Windows) - just trying random ideas. Your IT dept might still object though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the font that the software says is missing is "Adobe Clean UX." From some initial research, it doesn't seem like the Adobe Clean font family is available to the public at all. Which makes this issue even more interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asking the team...this is weird...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading this: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/1668f7e0-2b37-41b0-4256-1b7361a26734

1. Unarchive the contents of the Debug Database.zip file (i.e., a single Debug Database.txt file).

2. Open a Windows Explorer window, then enter the following into the address field at the top to get to the Character Animator 3.3 preferences folder: %appdata%\Adobe\Character Animator\3.3

3. Copy the Debug Database.txt file (from the .zip file) into this preferences folder, overwriting the existing one.

4. Try relaunching Character Animator 3.3. (if it's a different CH version, adjust the 3.3 references accordingly.)

Let me know if that works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy crap. That worked. Thank you so much! Seriously, after HOURS spent with Adobe support, I was getting nervous there would be no solution. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too! Brilliant and simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, but this solution did not work for the v1.5 with Windows version 1809. Is there a better solution for this issue. The school is running Windows 10 Education Version 1809.

Looking forward for any support. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outstanding!

This worked for me in version 3.1 just now.  Thanks bunch and happy new year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this issue with Character Animator 3.2 on a PC with Windows 10 Enterprise version 1903. 

This fix worked like a charm and was super easy to do. They need to designate this as the correct answer!

You're a lifesaver--Thank you!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sort of worked for me but my issue isnt quite the same.  Most of the time when I open CA I get no boxes and not even the splash screen.  CA just sits in the Background Processes (when you open the task manager).  So I'm really baffled as to what the problem is.  Even though my issue doesn't seem to be font-related, this "debug" thing worked, temporarily.  When I went to open CA again to make sure it was a permanent fix, it wouldn't open.  I realized that the debug file was still there and the content inside of it actually changed.  I cleaned everything out again, did the debug fix again, and it worked.  This time I deleted the debug file from the prefs thinking that it was holding on to some bad info but that didn't work either.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled (for the millionth time) and the debug fix won't even work now.  I have no idea what's happening.  @oksamurai, you're my only hope. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe suggest to Adobe Support they should make that font available? oksamurai​ ?

(Or is there a way to secretly steal the font from an existing installation and send it directly to folks via private download?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another possible solution is to check the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.exe), then navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Mitigation Options. Double-click "Untrusted Font Blocking", select the Enabled option, then see if setting the Mitigation Options to something other than "Block untrusted fonts and log events" will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines