• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to prevent warping without being independent?

Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an arm and an hand in one same layer and put the sticks and draggable points properly. It works just fine, but I just want to have the hand not warped when I drag it. Is there any way to make it  stay its size without making it independent? Because I want both the arm and the hand dragged together.

Thank you!

TOPICS
FAQ , Feature requests , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Sticks and independence are the two main ways to stop warping. A few suggestions to try.

• Put the dragger on the writst, not the middle of the hand. That way it is less likely to get warped when you move the wrist around.
  • Make the hand independent, then put the dragger on the end of the arm (not the hand). The hand should be attached to the arm, in which case it will move with the arm.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sticks and independence are the two main ways to stop warping. A few suggestions to try.

• Put the dragger on the writst, not the middle of the hand. That way it is less likely to get warped when you move the wrist around.
  • Make the hand independent, then put the dragger on the end of the arm (not the hand). The hand should be attached to the arm, in which case it will move with the arm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! It works! Thank you very much!

I have another question, still concerning warping,

When I drag the arm, while recording it, the result of the recorded data is somehow warping.

You see, I do a pose to pose animation with CH. Every time I make my puppet to make a hand pose, like in the picture, I want to have the puppet immediately get into that position, even in the first frame of the recorded data. However, the result when I played it cause some weird warpingThe Result I Want (IMMEDIATE POSE)The Result I Want (IMMEDIATE POSE)Weird First Frame WarpingWeird First Frame WarpingWeird Second Frame WarpingWeird Second Frame WarpingWeird Third Frame WarpingWeird Third Frame Warping before getting into the "posed" data I want. Take a look at the pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, i did not notice this since it was marked as resolved!

Yeah, CH can start with some twisting at the start of a frame. Physics can also mess up here (eg leaves falling or hair dangles with bouncy hair) so what they did was to allow you to specify a subrange of a scene using controls at the top of the timeline. It will remember these settings (the start and end of a clip from the scenes) and that is what will get exported etc. So when you get these weird twisty hands, or bouncy hair, select a workspace range starting a few seconds into the scene so the hands etc have a chance to settle down before the recording really starts.

I don't understand why hands have the problem, and it's only for some puppets and not all, but the hair is fairly obvious why it is needed. The hair starts in the default position, then drops down and bounces a little at the start of a scene as it finds the equilibrium for gravity vs sptringyness of hair. It was too hard to work out automatically what normal was, so they added the workspace selection support instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quite don't undersrand yet. I am sorry. I am new.

Could you please make a simple explanation?

I have no business with physics of hair right now, so it's not really concerning me. But the slight twist in the first several frames of the recorded data is troubling me. I feel it's like a bug now:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simplified. Sometimes it messes up the first few frames. There is no solution to fix the frames I know of (well, it's hard!)

Instead is the work area feature (documentation link above) to select a range from a few frames after the start of your scene to the end of the scene. CH will then use that range instead of the full scene, automatically dropping the first few frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines