• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to start developing extensions for Adobe Illustrator 2024?

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  already have experience with Extended Script Toolkit but want to develop dockable plugins and I believe it can only be achieved with Adobe UX Developer Tool however there is no option in Playground to connect to Illustrator 2024.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

So the "UX" Developer Tool you've screencaptured here is actually the "UXP Developer Tool". UXP is the Unified Extensibility Platform, a modern JavaScript environment. At the time of this writing, only Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe XD support UXP. Illustrator does not have UXP adoption on their roadmap currently.

If you're still able to run ExtendScript Toolkit you can keep using it to develop for Illustrator. If not, there's a VS Code plugin for debugging ExtendScript. Note that on M1 and M2 macs you'll need to run that in Rosetta 2 mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. However I am not able to create "dockable" palettes with ES Toolkit. I guess the other option would be CEP.
I use Windows 10 and CC 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🤔 Were you previously able to create dockable palettes or is this something you're attempting for the first time? ... I think in CEP people call them "panels".

But yes, you're right, your options are:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have succesfully developed "dialog" panels for Illustrator with ES Toolkit. I have tried creating dockable panels this way:

// Create a new dialog window
var dialog = new Window("palette", "My Custom Dialog");

// Create a panel to hold the button
var panel = dialog.add("panel", undefined, "Panel");
panel.alignChildren = "center";

// Create a button
var button = panel.add("button", undefined, "Click Me!");
button.onClick = function() {
    alert("Button clicked!");
}

// Show the dialog
dialog.show();

with no success.
I mean, it works while working directly within ES Toolkit but once I place the .jsx file in--> Adobe Illustrator 2024\Presets\es_ES\Secuencias de comandos.....it won´t work. Nothing shows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines