Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application pool issue

Advisor ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have configure IIS with multiple .net applications and coldfusion sites.

All are running under the same DefaultApplicationPool.

I add a new coldfusion site an I Add Application with different Application Pool. Getting error:

HTTP Error 403.18 - Forbidden

The specified request cannot be processed in the application pool that is configured for this resource on the Web server.

Most likely causes:

• An ISAPI filter or custom module changed the URL to run in a different application pool than the original URL.
  • An ISAPI extension (or custom module) used ExecuteURL (or ExecuteRequest) to run in a different application pool than the original URL.
  • You have a custom error page that is located in one application pool but is referenced by a Web site in another application pool. When the URL is processed, it is determined by IIS that that it should have been processed in the first application pool, not the other pool.
  • The Web site has multiple applications configured. The application this request is configured to run in is set to run in an application pool that does not exist

Found couple articles but no luck.

Any ideas how to solved this issue?

Thanks, Johnny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have to choose the option in the wsconfig tool that only points to one IIS virtual server, and it should set up a separate application pool for you. But I'm not sure. Try it and see, if you can.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any option

jfb00_1-1706131266985.png

I had setup a separate app pool.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for what Dave was proposing, and that screenshot of the wsconfig tool, that option for "iis web site" (defaulting there to "all") is what he was referring to.

You can have each site use its own app pool. In fact, each site DOES use its own app pool by default in IIS 8 and above. (As you add other sites, those would appear in that list--and you must close the tool if you add one while it's open.)

As for that other site you found, that's trying to solve a very different problem (related to applications and child applications). Your first post does mention applications. Are you really wanting to have different apps in a single site, each using its own app pool?

BTW, that comment form Anit is from 10 years ago. What version of cf are you running? 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply and help.

We have multiple applications under one domain, we call the apps as www.myDomain.com/site1, www.myDomain.com/site2 and so on. It will take a lot get new domains, out of our hands.

We had an issue with one site overloadin the app pool and made all site stops. We want to separate this site for now until we found the issue and probably keep each site in their own app pool.

We are running CF 2021 under Windows Server 2019 Datacenter.

Regards, Johnny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this:

How to fix a 403.18 in a virtual application? (koskila.net)

But I don't see this rule. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple application pools for ColdFusion possible... - Adobe Community - 6246482

Read the last post on this article. It cannot be done 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will find a number of suggestions from fellow ColdFusion developers in this previous forum post on HTTP 403.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation