• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can CF open .CFM files in original format? If not, which program will?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought CF - am trying to open CFM files I already have in their original format.

So far, no luck.  All I get when I mport/open files is plain text, like it was created in Notepad.  All formatting's gone.

The complexity of the original formatting makes it far too time consuming to attempt recreating it.  If CF is the wrong program (so much for the sales pitch) any ideas on which program will help me to open existing .cfm files so they appear the way they should?

Any ideas, hints, help?

Thanks in advance for any assist on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to achieve as there maybe some confusion here... What formatting do you mean? What original format?

Coldfusion itself doesnt Import or Open files.

Adobe Coldfusion is the server side processing engine that runs pages created for it (cfm / cfc) on the server so you can see the output in browsers etc. If you want to "open" a cfm file then you can use any text editor as all a cfm file is, is lines of code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a number of specialized editors to help you develop CFM pages. Chris Tierney's blog article, "What is the best IDE for CFM", presents a comprehensive list.

To my mind, the two that developers most frequently use are CFEclipse and Adobe ColdFusion Builder.

Image of CFM code in CFEclipse:

cfeclipse.png

Image of CFM code in Adobe ColdFusion Builder 3:

CFBuilder3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation