• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot update CF21 Update 7 and 8 on Windows Server 2022

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updater 7 (and 8) installer just finished without any notifications, the same behavior manually or from CF Admin. No logs, nothing only backup was created in folder 'cfusion\hf-updates\hf-2021-00008-330144'

Anyone can help? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your presumption is that "something's wrong with the updater", I'll say that I and at least hundreds others have applied those two without such an issue.

So help us help you:

1. Does your machine have internet access?
  2. What is the url in the settings section of the admin page for applying the update?
  3. If you visit that url on a browser on that server, does it work?
  4. Had you applied previous updates on this cf instance?
  5. When you ran the update manually, did you use "java -jar" or cfpm? Either should work. Just curious. 
  6. If you ran it manually, what does Windows services show for the user running the cf instance? Is it local system or some other user?
  7. If it's some other user, are you using "run as admin", when running it manually?
  8. Look in task manager, at the details tab. When the update is NOT running, how many java.exe processes show running? Normally, there would be only one, if you run the cf add-on service.
  9. When running the update (either way), it would launch another Java instance, which does the update. Only when it finishes will the update install log be written to the folder for the update (within hf-updates). Do you see that start when you kick off the update?

(You could also have task manager show you it's additional "command line" column, which would also show the "java -jar" command, however you run the update.) 

There is much more I could say, but this is plenty to start with. (And if you'd rather have it solved than go back and forth here, I can also offer help via remote consulting. More at carehart.org/consulting.)

Or maybe someone else will more readily offer you help here. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the problem, Acronis Cyber Protect detects the following during CF Updater installation:

"Active Protection protects a system from malicious software known as ransomware, which encrypts files and demands a ransom for the encryption key. This alert appears when Acronis Active Protection service detects a process encrypting files on a machine listed in the Active Protection plan."

Sorry for inconvenience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Konstantin Trofimchuk 

Could you please check this folder \ColdFusion2021\cfusion\hf-updates\hf-2021-00008-330144, an update installation log was created. Both these update doesn't require any package update. These are purely security updates and no changes in the packages. So in case you were in update 6 with all your packages, then there is no issues. 

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Priyank, he had said originally, "No logs, nothing only backup was created in folder 'cfusion\hf-updates\hf-2021-00008-330144'".

That's why I offered all that I did. Your comment can be read to imply that you felt none of what I wrote was pertinent. Care to clarify? 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry, found the problem.

Acronis Cyber Protect detects the following during CF Updater installation:

"Active Protection protects a system from malicious software known as ransomware, which encrypts files and demands a ransom for the encryption key. This alert appears when Acronis Active Protection service detects a process encrypting files on a machine listed in the Active Protection plan."

Than you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation