• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot update fresh install of coldfusion 2018 (no update and install button??)

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ColdFusion2018 administrator, on the server updates page, the available updates are listed but there is no "download" or "download and install" button to click (on any of the available updates).

TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Hello,

Do you mean like this:

Capture.JPG

Click onto text press tab button twice.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do you mean like this:

Capture.JPG

Click onto text press tab button twice.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we've fixed this in out latest update. Check out the release announcement on the ColdFusion forum page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Can you please clarify? Are the updates incremental or not? I tried to install the latest by clicking the barely visible button and I get an error "Failed Signature Verification".

I'm unable to access the Installation buttons on previous updates. I'm running Catalina OSX.

Could you please specify, how this issue can be solve? Thanks!

CF_Update_Issues.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your frustration is understandable. There are TWO issues with the updates, that you need to deal with (and a third in some cases). The first is the UI issue discussed above. That's fixed by update 7, from Dec 2019, which is the date of Saurav's note you are replying to.

The second issue (about the download of the update failnig to verify) is something documented in the technote for the update  (click the link for "read more" on that screen, but people tend not to do that).

Yes, while the updates NORMALLY are cumulative, there was an issue in the past year requiring that folks FIRST update to CF2018 update 4 (to get to any beyond it). That corrects a server certificate problem, which is what's making your download of the update (in the admin) fail.

So in summary, you do need to get to update 4 (using the trick Carl mentioned, to be able to click on the download button), then once it's done, you would use that trick again to run update 9. Then both problems won't trouble you anymore.

As for the third issue I referred to, that's only an issue if you have connected your web server to CF using the CF web server config tool. If you have, before update 8, then AFTER applying update 8 (or if you skip it), you will need to also "upgrade" your web server connector. I cover this in a blog post on the CF portalUnfortunately, as I write there is some issue that is making that and some other posts come up blank on the Adobe site. So you can read the more detailed version of that post that I had done on my own site.

And sure, all this os VERY frustrating (that one installing CF has to go through these steps to get things updated/upgraded). We can hope that Adobe might be motivated to create a new installer for CF2018, that would roll all these up. Whether they will do that before or after the release of CF2020 (due in coming months) is another question.

Let us know if that gets you going.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Charlie,

Much appreciated. Unfortunately I don't understand the trick withe Tab. I don't get anywhere with that. Maybe should I try firefox, or what?

Best reagards

Agamemnon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Firefox did the trick. I will repost the overall outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. It worked!

About the connector, I quit. We run OSX "Server" with Profile Manager and installing in parallel the Hombrew Apache, was a mess. The integrated Tomcat server should be ok for our dev. work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank heavens I found this post.

"The next update will fix the ability to update". What a paradox, like "we don't want to loose the combination, so we keep it locked in the safe".

It's six months later, and the version they're shipping on the Download page still hides the button.

Anyway, thanks again!

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoying.. 

macslayer_0-1596242997664.png

These UI issues are completely annoying..   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, the issue you are reporting (of being unable to easily see the 2 available updates below the current one, and of the positioning of that popup window showing the state of the current update) are actually different ones than first mentioned above. I know that's of little consolation, but I wanted to clarify, for readers.

What was first brought up (in early Dec 2019) was that folks couldn't see within the update UI the buttons to download or install the update. It was THAT which was fixed by the update that came out just a week later (update 7 in CF2018).

As for the one you've raised, I'm not aware if anyone has filed a bug report for it. You could, at tracker.adobe.com (and if it's deemed a duplicate, Adobe will report back).

FWIW, folks frustrated by these things don't HAVE to use the CF Admin UI to do the updates. You can opt instead to run the update jar via Java (such as from the command line), which opens a more traditional installer (like is used to install CF itself). This is discussed in the technote for each update, in its section, "Installing the update manually".

But of course, the Admin UI SHOULD work as expected, and like I said in a previous comment, it would be SO MUCH BETTER if Adobe would create a new installer for CF2018 (and 2016) that included not only the latest updates but especially to get us past the problems of the June 2019 update (that currently must be done first) and the critical need to update the web server connector (from March 2020). 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation