• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 11 on RHEL - Administrator Inaccessible

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm basically at my wits end. Hopefully someone here can help.

I have a dedicated server at Rackspace that includes CF 11 since one of our divisions uses it. It used to be CF9, it's been 11 since we upgraded to a new RHEL 6 around server last September. It took a couple attempts but I got everything installed and up and running. AND could access Coldfusion administrator (used it to set up DBs, etc). On Monday of this week the developer who manages the web site for the division using CF contacted me saying he was having an issue with emails being sent from his site. And could I check the administrator page for it. Well, I have now spent about 90% of this week trying to get access...

I've tried all sorts of things, changing where CF thinks the CFIDE folder is, what port things are running on, whether I'm tunneling through Apache (v. 2.2.15) or using the built in server, all sorts of things. It seems to have something to do with the actual access to /CFIDE/administrator/ directory. If I leave the system less secure, where it lists files, I can see the CFIDE folder when I visit that respective URL. But even then clicking on the ./administrator/ folder it just times out. I cannot even access things like the CSS file in the ./administrator root.

I've looked through every single CF and Apache log file I can find and see zero issues related to connecting (I even turned on debug mode for a while in the connector). No flags are thrown when I restart the services. And this whole time the web site I'm supposed to be logging in to check on these settings has been running fine. So I know in general it's capable of processing CF pages.

I have no idea where to look next. Has anyone encountered something like this before? Everything I've found in searches usually discusses Windows installs and are things like, typos in URL, etc. This all worked when I installed everything months ago. And the lack of feedback from the system is excruciating. Thanks everyone!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the error that you are getting when you are trying to access admin page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying,

Thats is the biggest issue, there is no error. When you try to load the administrator it times out. Nothing loads, there is no error, it simply sits there until it gives up.

I'm currently at home for the weekend and just opened the port I set up in the firewall. Instead of a timeout I get the disallowed IP error from CF. When I get to work tomorrow I'll see if anything has changed. But the IP at my office IS in the allowable IP list so I imagine there won't be. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick follow up.

Took same tab open on the iPad I had with me and hit refresh when I got to work this morning. No error message, just timed out.

I think my next step may be to manually remove the IP whitelist and attempt to connect from outside my office network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the timeout was caused by something on my work network. I'll have to talk to the admin about that. =/ Now that I've disabled the IP whitelist and can connect from other locations (like my phone) the error message that is being displayed references, "Variable GETADMINVARIANT is undefined." - "The error occurred in index.cfm: line 19"

I'll start digging into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dumped the CFIDE directory and replaced it with the one I have in my local environment. Using an outside network everything seems to be working. Work network is still an issue. But that doesn't seem to have anything to do with CF (other than the firewall, or something, blocking access to ONLY the CF Admin).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation