Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 11 Update 3 and CFCHART

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We just upgraded to the latest build for Coldfusion 11 and our cfcharts are failing. The build is as follows 11,0,03,292480.

I am getting this error:

Error casting an object of type java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to java.lang.String to an incompatible type. This usually indicates a programming error in Java, although it could also mean you have tried to use a foreign object in a different way than it was designed.

java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to java.lang.String

The error occurred in C:/inetpub/wwwroot/cmis/e_survey/usage.cfm: line 141

139 : <cfelseif ListFind("1,2",answers.s_qtypeid)>

140 : <cfchart style="usage.json" format="png" chartheight="400" chartwidth="400" showborder="yes">

141 : <cfchartseries type="pie" query="answers" itemcolumn="row_optionname" valuecolumn="total" />

142 : </cfchart>

143 : <cfelse>

We have been required to put in the latest update due to the security vulnerability.

Can someone help me on whether there is a newer version of the update or what I can do to fix this? It was working fine with Update 2.

UPDATE:

I have determined that the legend options in my json file for ZingCharts seems to be the problem but I do not know what.

Thanks,

Phil Mervis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is a bug (Bug#3865484 - CF11 update 3 breaks chart style json that uses legend). The status shows it has been fixed by Adobe but its just waiting on testing & deployment by the looks of it.

Probably not a lot that can be done unless you want to turn the legends off on your charts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until the fix is released, I believe if you change all boolean responses to 0 or 1 instead of false or true, it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For now, we just rolled back to update 2. I will have to test that out on my local machine when I get a chance and see if that works.

Thank you for the response.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation