• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 2016 Hotfix 1 Fails To Install

Participant ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the ColdFusion Administrator to download and install the hotfix.

I am using the built-in server for ColdFusion Administrator (not IIS).

It fails every time, just as it does in CF 10 and CF 11.

I have installed ColdFusion 2016 using their best practices / lockdown guide.

ColdFusion 2016 is installed into a dedicated partition and the account the service runs as has full permissions on that entire partition.

The Summary says it's Unsuccessful, with 6 NonFatalErrors and 6 FatalErrors.

I get 6 copies of:

Moving files failed:: Failed to back up the previous hotfix files. Retry installation after ensuring that the server is not running or files are not locked by the server.

I get 6 copies of:

Failed to delete directory: Ensure that the server is not running or files are not locked by the server.

I get 6 FATAL ERRORs involving different files.  Here's an example:

Moving files failed:

Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - Could not move the file X:\CF2016\cfusion/lib/fluent-hc-4.4.1.jar to the backup location X:\CF2016\cfusion\hf-updates\hf-2016-00001-298513\backup/lib/fluent-hc-4.4.1.jar

I get 6 ERRORs (non fatal) involving different files.  Here's an example:

Failed to delete directory

Additional Notes: ERROR - Failed to delete directory:X:\CF2016\cfusion/lib/fluent-hc-4.4.1.jar

ERROR - Unable to delete file: X:\CF2016\cfusion\lib\fluent-hc-4.4.1.jar

The only other mentions of "fail" in the log file are related to services:

[SC] OpenService FAILED 5:Access is denied.

Stopping the server.......

[SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

[SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

The service stops correctly and no files should be locked by any process other than whatever the updater is doing.  The service is running as a local user account that has FULL access to the partition where ColdFusion 2016 is installed.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem installing CF11 Hotfix 8 (similar errors too).  I ended up running the installer from the command line and it worked.  Adobe is trying to figure out why it failed (I haven't run lockdown guide on this server, but I do run ColdFusion as a domain service account).

Send an email to cf.install@adobe.com with the log files from the failed installation - they may be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is that Adobe only ever tests the updater with the service running as a local admin / root.

I had to install it manually, just as I've been doing for years.

This update doesn't even tell you if you need to upgrade the connector or not.  It makes a point of telling you that you need to run the config tool as admin, but there's no mention of whether or not upgrading the connector is necessary.  To be on the safe side, I upgraded it, then had to verify 4 different things that upgrading the connector can break.  (Log file location in isapi_redirect.properties for each site, virtual directories in IIS, handler mappings in IIS, and request filtering in IIS.)

It's pretty tiresome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation