Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF10: cfchart in a gateway giving: java.lang.NullPointerException

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have recently upgraded to CF10.

Our application uses cfchart for reports.

In a standard request the charts work perfectly. We create png images en the publish them. All server activit

<cfchart name="cfChartData" format="png" chartWidth="650" chartHeight="200" rotated="yes" show3d="false" >

<cfchartdata item="item 1" value="20">   

<cfchartdata item="item 2" value="50">   

<cfchartdata item="item 3" value="10">   

<cfchartdata item="item 4" value="35">                           

</cfchart>  

When I try to use this through a gateway (cfml type) is returns the folowing exception:

"Error","Thread-22","08/21/13","14:13:36",,"Error invoking CFC for gateway netqromeventgateway: null  {GATEWAYTYPE={CFMLGateway},ORIGINATORID={CFMLGateway},DATA={{ACTION={testChart}}},GATEWAYID={netqromeventgateway}}."

java.lang.NullPointerException

at coldfusion.tagext.html.ajax.AjaxRBFileMap.getRBFileName(AjaxRBFileMap.java:66)

at coldfusion.tagext.html.ajax.AjaxRBFileMap.importResourceBundleJS(AjaxRBFileMap.java:52)

at coldfusion.tagext.html.ajax.HtmlAssembler.importJS(HtmlAssembler.java:958)

at coldfusion.tagext.html.ajax.HtmlAssembler.importJS(HtmlAssembler.java:854)

at coldfusion.tagext.html.ajax.HtmlAssembler.importJS(HtmlAssembler.java:820)

at coldfusion.tagext.io.ChartTag.doStartTag(ChartTag.java:1078)

at cfnetQROMEventGateway2ecfc866926243$funcONINCOMINGMESSAGE._factor0(E:\apps\productie\netqrom\model\eventgateway\netQROMEventGateway.cfc:25)

could someone help us.

System Information 

Server Details 

Server Product  ColdFusion 

Version  ColdFusion 10,283922 

Tomcat Version  7.0.23.0 

Edition  Enterprise   

Serial Number 

Operating System  Windows Server 2008 R2   

OS Version  6.1   

Adobe Driver Version  4.1 (Build 0001)   

JVM Details 

Java Version  1.7.0_15   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same error Vishu.

But we don't use cfcproxy and a cf build higher then:

Fixed In Build      282653

Thanx for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vishu#13,

Can I conclude from this report (https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3231445)

that it is a known issue and has not been resolved by Adobe?

Everything works perfectly in CF 9

The only way out for me now is to downgrade our CF 10 to CF 9.

Our client needs to be up and running next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is a very iritating bug in CF10 and is still not to be fixed by Adobe.

We have now downgraded our CF10 install to CF9.

This 2 hours installation proces solved all our CF10 problems.

We are going to stay far away from CF10 until Adobe solves a number of bugs

Jurriaan Balleur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jurriaan, do you mean to say you've paid for a CF10 upgrade, and this prevents you from using it?

Or we your still just testing stuff, and it means you won't be buying a CF10 upgrade?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adam,

We have an application thats works in CF8 and CF9.

Our new customer wanted to host our application in house behind their own firewall.

So we first tried to use CF10.

We where very frustrated that our havily used gateway functions dit not worked as we expected on cf10.

The timelimit to debug and test al the situations was quite critical. To get is to work for sure we downgraded the CF10 license to a CF9 license.

After 2 hours all was working perfectly in CF9 en we delivered the application the same day.

I'm sorry, I should have made a free standing repro for this case but our CF10 instance is al ready deleted.

In the furture I will defenitly make a proper repro.

for now every thing works like a charme in CF9

Thanksd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've a) verified this as working in CF9 and broken in CF10; b) provided a free-standing repro case for it.  See http://cfmlblog.adamcameron.me/2013/08/the-process-of-creating-clear-repro.html.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation