• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing password

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is even possible but thought I would put this out there and see.  I took over a web design position. A few sites have some work that was done in ColdFusion8.  I have found a link to a login for it, but have no idea about a password, and neither does anyone else in the office here. It seems to be an online application?  I have updated the adobe profile for my email account, but that didn't help. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the "password" you are referring to, for your Web Application or ColdFusion Admin?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am under the impression it is for my Admin. It is Cold Fusion 8 which I know is old and out dated, but I don't use it, but have some sites still that have some work that was done in it. I called support and they sent me a pdf file on how to bypass the password. But that is all I have for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the "admin.security.enabled" to "false" at \ColdFusion8\lib\neo-security.xml. This will let you get inside CF Admin, without the password. Once, you login to CFAdmin, please setup a new password.

Note:- After making the above changes, please restart ColdFusion 8 Application service.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made the change to that file and still asking for a password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you restart ColdFusion 8 Application service, after making the changes?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation