• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Cold Fusion 2023] Scheduled task not working: Connection refused: no further information

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have coldfusion 2023 on windows server.

Scheduled tasks doesn't work. 

They are inserted correctly. (some of these already existed on the old server with CF2016).
If I try to run them from the administration (the little running man) I get the following message: his scheduled task Gioca-resp - message remind of group default was completed successfully. But in reality it is not executed

the URL used in the task is HTTP - so not key issues.

I tried to call the url with CFHTTP but I get the following error message:
Connect Exception: Connect to Gioca-responsabile.it:80 [gioca-responsabile.it/194.76.116.40] failed: Connection refused: no further information
whether I use http (therefore on port 80) or https (port 443).

If I try to use CFHTTP with a domain that is not on the server, for example google, it works fine.

If I put the URL in the browser it works fine

What could it depend on?

Thanks

Marco

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

This could be a DNS issue. When you use CFHTTP, it needs to connect to the right IP address just like a browser, and that requires a correct DNS entry. I see in your error message an external IP address, which is probably what you're getting from the DNS server. That works for everyone else but might not work from the server itself. You can probably fix that by creating an entry in your hosts file, that resolves gioca-responsabile.it to 127.0.0.1.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be a DNS issue. When you use CFHTTP, it needs to connect to the right IP address just like a browser, and that requires a correct DNS entry. I see in your error message an external IP address, which is probably what you're getting from the DNS server. That works for everyone else but might not work from the server itself. You can probably fix that by creating an entry in your hosts file, that resolves gioca-responsabile.it to 127.0.0.1.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave, 

sorry for my late reply.

I looked for a solution that did not involve modifying the hosts file because hosting various sites means modifying the file of each site that requires the skeduler.
I had to give up so I edited the hosts file and it works.
Thanks for your help.

Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation