• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cold fusion 9 500 - Internal server error.

New Here ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all of a sudden none of our cfm web pages work on a windows 8 server running iis 7 .... the server shows no errors in the event viewer .... occasionally functionality comes back w/o doing anything ...... cold fusion did have all the hotfixes updated a few months ago but i cant get to the admin page to give what the version is

thxs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, ColdFusion is one word.

Second, what is a WIndows 8 server?

Third, and most important, you have provided ZERO detail. We can't help you if you don't provide something other than "none of our cfm web pages work".  ColdFusion has logs (<coldfusionDir>/logs) JRun has logs (<coldfusionDir>/runtime/logs). Even if the Windows event viewer shows nothing, there should be info in those log files about what is going on.

Good luck,

Jason

Message was edited by: m.m.murphy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[text edited as abuse to fellow forum member]

I DIDNT REALIZE THIS WAS A GRAMMATICALLY CORREDCT FORUM...

THANKS FOR NO HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if you got over your misplaced indignation for a moment, let's see:
ColdFusion is what people will google for, so in the spirit of helping others who might have the same question as you later on, spelling it right will help the community.

Jason's observation that you give us absolutely nothing to go on so it's basically impossible to help you is a fairly poignant observation, right? You do want help? Right, so here's some suggestions:

Articulate your issue clearly, with sufficient detail that we can help you. Read this:
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smartquestions.html

Secondly... being rude to someone like Jason who really is one of the most helpful people on
these forums is a pretty stupid idea. And just serves to make you look a bit of a [profanity edited out]. Esp. with the caps lock on.

But anyway, let's call that a false start. Give us the details of your issue, and we'll try to help.

Cheers.

--
Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank-you - Madison - for restoring most of the previously censored content from this thread.

Hopefully now we can crack on with sorting this issue out.

Grazan: where's that extra info? 😉

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum admin,

You censored the comment "ColdFusion is one word"?  Seriously? 

I didn't realize that suggesting that someone spell the name of the product correctly was against the forum guidelines.  I guess I could go look it up, but I will just unsubscribe and help out at Stack Overflow instead.

Good luck,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I am of the opinion that Jason and Adam came off as a little overcondescending, they did make valid points.  It was the OP who originally "blew up" and started the discontent.

Editing their posts may have been necessary, to a degree; but I agree that the forum admin went too far.

Now it appears as though the forum admin has gone too far by deleting Adam's last response (unless Adam, himself, removed it, in which case, I apologize.)

Adobe forums has lost at least one of the better knowledged people, here, possibly two.

When does this ridiculousness stop?  Or should I also leave in protest?

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation