• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 10 Developer Edition

Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My office is (finally) upgrading from CF8 to CF10, so naturally I wanted my development environment to match the server environment.  I've been trying to find a copy of CF10 Dev Edition all morning, but it's just not to be found.  CF9? Sure.  11 is everywhere, but no CF10.

Then I read this: Adam Cameron's Dev Blog: ColdFusion 10: be prepared, Adobe is removing the downloads

What's the deal?  Someone on that thread mentioned a security problem with 10.  Is that true?  If so, I'd like to warn my people who are installing 10 as we speak.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

As haxtbh mentioned, there is a community repository available that includes the installers for CF9, CF10, CF11 and even older releases back to 1.x: http://www.gpickin.com/cfrepo/

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Adam's blog post mentions, you wont be able to find the downloads unless you check a third party repo. I think they have licensing issues as well with third party modules in CF10. This typically tends to happen after every major release, the previous version disappears.

If you have the install for the server then you should be able to use this as a developer edition. The dev edition is pretty much CF without a serial, restricted to 1 IP address.

Have you had a CF 10 license for a while and are now upgrading or have you some how managed to upgrade to CF10 rather then CF11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it about the previous release going away, but I can find CF9 everywhere, but no CF10.

As far as why 10, I'm in government, so everything is slow.  I'm honestly surprised we're upgrading to as new a version as we are.  I know they've had the 10 license for a couple of years.  I likely won't be able to get my hands on the copy for the server.  I'll probably just go with 9 or 11 on my local machine.  Probably won't make that much of a difference for development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As haxtbh mentioned, there is a community repository available that includes the installers for CF9, CF10, CF11 and even older releases back to 1.x: http://www.gpickin.com/cfrepo/

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! Thanks Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page won't load... Any idea of another way I can get the CF10 Dev. Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about the 1 IP restriction.

I am trying to upgrade our servers to 11.  And "cannot" buy it ... due to Adobe not letting me ... no idea the problem. 

But I ran a test on a 10 server, developer edition ... and there is not a limit of 1.  I have tested up to 3 so far ... anyone know the real limit?

Just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cf_code_warrior,

I think they changed the way the Developer Edition works with CF10 and beyond - instead of two static IP addresses, I think it is two concurrent requests from *any* IP address.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation