• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connection Refused: connect http://127.0.0.1:8989/PDFgServlet/

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I recently installed Update 14 on a COld Fusion 2016 installation ( Windows 2012R2 ) and now the server will not start up. The server.log log is stating the following Error","Thread-19","09/16/20","09:21:46","","Connect to 127.0.0.1:8989 [/127.0.0.1] failed: Connection refused: connect http://127.0.0.1:8989/PDFgServlet/"

Can anyone assist?

I had to uninstall update 14 to get COld Fusion to work again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

During installation, was there an option to also install PDF Services? If you agreed,and PDF Services were installed, then you would get that error if port 8989 is unavailable.

If that was indeed the case, then reinstall the update, choosing not to install the PDF Services. In all this, I am assuming you don't intend to use the add-on services.

It is also possible that ColdFusion installed the add-ons without your intervention. If so, simply uninstall the ColdFusion 2016 Add-on Services in t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just a guess, but it's possible that the initial install caused Windows Firewall to set up access rules that have somehow been changed by the update. There are a couple of things you could try. The easiest might be to just temporarily disable Windows Firewall entirely on your machine to see if that fixes the problem, after reinstalling update 14. If that solves your problem, you could then create a custom rule in Windows Firewall to allow access to that local socket yourself.

Another potential problem is that you may be running IPv6 on your Windows server, and that may be causing connection problems. If you're not using IPv6 but happen to have it running, the easiest solution here is just to disable that if you don't need it.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During installation, was there an option to also install PDF Services? If you agreed,and PDF Services were installed, then you would get that error if port 8989 is unavailable.

If that was indeed the case, then reinstall the update, choosing not to install the PDF Services. In all this, I am assuming you don't intend to use the add-on services.

It is also possible that ColdFusion installed the add-ons without your intervention. If so, simply uninstall the ColdFusion 2016 Add-on Services in the Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks BKBK, I was not prompted to install anything additional and I ran the update manually. I will try the uninstallation, as I noticed add on service does not even run. That tells me I have never installed any addons I assume. Add-on Services are installed, so I will try to remove them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uninstalled Cold Fusion addon services and Update 14 worked after that. I had no problems with update 15 or 16. Thanks for the help here...issue resolved!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation