• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy settings from CF9 to CF11

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We want to move from Coldfusion 9 to Coldfusion 11.

Is there a way to copy all setiings from CF9 to CF11?

I tried it with a Coldfusion Archive, create in CF9 and deploy it in CF11.
The problem was that there were no settings imported, for example the Data Sources were not imported.

Is there another way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

After some searching I found the solution.
In the car file I found ip addresses of the old server which I had to change to the ip address of the new server.

After that the import of the car file works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ict-centraal,

Were there any errors reported when deploying the CAR archive. Can you check if any errors have been recorded in the <cf11_root>\cfusion\logs directory. You would normally find migration specific logs in that location that would be prefixed/suffixed with the name of the archive you would have created. If there were any exception, the detailed stack trace would be in 'exceptions.log' file in the same location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some searching I found the solution.
In the car file I found ip addresses of the old server which I had to change to the ip address of the new server.

After that the import of the car file works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean the IP addresses of the Database servers. right?.

The archive file would, of course, create xml files containing the details (including the IP add. of the machines hosting the DB) of the DSN, as it was in the old CF set-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I made a snapshot of my virtual machine and installed CF11 which imported the CF9 settings.

If I am right the settings of CF are stored in the directory c:\Coldfusion11\cfusion\lib in xml files: neo*.xml.
Is it enough to copy these xmls files to the new server after stopping the CF services?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation